We are currently seeking a creative, talented and successful Event Producer to join our Sales team. This is an exciting job designing and selling gorgeous events in venues all over the city of Chicago and beyond.
Our Event Producer manages event projects, manages sales contract development and coordinates development of event designs into production. The Event Producer manages clients with respect to contract, pricing and event details and ensures the clients’ needs are met through completion of the event.
- Meets with clients to develop event design themes and styles and secure event business.
- Collaborates with Creative Services and Event Designers to develop event themes and designs.
- Writes and negotiates profitable proposals and sales presentations within accordance of company guidelines.
- Secures client commitment with regard to down payment, signed contracts, and future payments according to department standards.
- Has the opportunity to seek out and target new customers and sales opportunities to secure new business.
- Successfully develops, maintains, manages and improves business relationships with new and existing clients.
- Meets and exceeds target sales volume each year, and if applicable, new business sales goals each year.
- May cross sell/refer all brands to clients including: Kehoe Designs Décor, Kehoe Designs Event Technology, The Geraghty and Entertainment.
- May create sales projections and sales development plans and tools.
- Acts as a liaison and process expert with clients to answer questions, make adjustments to contracts and event specifications and ensure clients are satisfied with the sales and execution processes.
- Coordinates key production elements and cost-related items with the Samples Department to develop customer samples and verify pricing.
- Builds off of Samples department paperwork to prepare all event-related paperwork and pull-sheets on time and with accuracy.
- Works with Event Designers to document event components and design elements to translate the designs into production requirements.
- Manages event projects. Informs and instructs Production departments on key elements and timelines for each event; tracks production to ensure all event details are accurately produced according to schedule.
- Manages venue specifications to include: contacting venue staff to get floor plans to ensure that power requirements, room dimensions, etc. are appropriate for successful completion of event; troubleshoots any issues that might arise by working directly with venue staff and production to resolve issues; and conducts walk throughs of venues.
- Determines all rental items needed for execution of event and places order with vendors, working directly with venue staff and clients.
- Manages execution of events to include: scheduling and participating in Production Meetings with Event Designers to finalize any details necessary for execution of event, including final table counts, reviewing prop sheet, determining set up and strike times with client/venue.
- Attends events as expected, needed, and directed at the discretion of management to ensure clients are satisfied and event is executed successfully and according to contract.
- Develops and maintains cooperative work relationships with all internal departments and external clients.
- Understands inventory components and pricing, how inventory components relate to each other, inventory quantities, and naming conventions.
- Understands navigation through event planning software to find and “pull” inventory items.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality, seamless event production and design.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience in event production (particularly in a creative or event décor industry).
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel computer skills.
- Familiarity with event planning software helpful.
- Ability to compute costs and analyze pricing and contract specifications.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with diverse individuals at all organizational levels.
- Excellent customer service skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Proven ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced setting.
- Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
- Effective problem solving and mediation skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal communications and conflict management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, with outstanding follow-up skills.