We’re looking for someone who is obsessed with project organization. Someone who is never paralyzed by a lengthy “to-do” list, but is instead energized as they begin checking off tasks. If you love teamwork, breaking projects down into bite-size pieces, and then diving in headfirst, keep reading...
Who You Are...
You are incredibly organized. Organization is your middle name. You love checklists and the satisfaction that comes from making things happen. You are excited to color-code a calendar. You love taking what others see as chaos and creating a clear plan.
You are exceptionally detail-oriented. You are the person who finds typos in the books you’re reading. You love to fact-check. You have excellent proofreading and grammatical skills. You own a red pen for edits and use it in a positive way.
You are a multitasker. You are able to multitask with ease. You are able to manage several different projects and deadlines simultaneously while maintaining your focus. You can manage your own workflow while also keeping a project team on track.
You are a team player. You thrive in an environment where you can collaborate and work toward a common goal. You don’t need the spotlight to feel successful. Helping other people is how you define your own success.
You learn from your mistakes. At KCM, we realize no one is perfect. We all make mistakes, but the most important thing is to learn from those mistakes. You’re not one to focus on what went wrong, but rather on what you can do better the next time around.
You are ambitious and proactive. You can see the big picture and identify potential roadblocks in a process. You don’t stop trying when you reach a hurdle. Instead, you proactively find solutions and lead yourself well. You take ownership of your work. You aren’t satisfied until the best possible product is out the door.
You constantly strive to make things better than they currently are. At KCM, we’re always pushing the envelope on how we can raise the bar and educate more real estate professionals, which, in turn, makes a difference for families across the nation. You don’t believe in the status quo. In your opinion, competing against yourself is the ultimate test of your abilities.
Who You Probably Are Not…
- Someone who doesn’t like a checklist.
- Someone who is afraid to try new things.
- Someone who is not comfortable using a Mac.
- Someone who avoids deadlines.
- Someone who is looking to write their own content.
What Experience You Need to Succeed in This Role...
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite Skills
- 1-2 years of project management experience
What You Ideally Possess…
- Experience with InDesign
- Experience with WordPress
- Proofreading Skills
- Infusionsoft Experience
- Certifications in Project Management
- Spanish speaking is a plus!
How You Might Spend Your Days at KCM...
KCM is a small business, so you’ll likely get your hands dirty in a bit of everything. With that said, here are some things you’ll take the lead on:
- Owning timelines and due dates for projects
- Setting deadlines for completing and polishing eGuides
- Revising, editing, and proofreading all content
- Uploading and publishing all content to our 4 websites on a daily basis
- Ensuring timely delivery of monthly and quarterly content team projects
- Producing digital and print materials using InDesign and Powerpoint
- Managing our content calendars
- Updating monthly PowerPoint slides and graphs
- Managing and facilitating all content team meetings
- Miscellaneous tasks and projects related to the Content Team
What We Do at KCM...
For the past ten years, KCM has been partnering with real estate agents to help families as they go through the home buying and selling process. We do this by helping agents better understand what’s happening in the overall real estate market so they can communicate the impact it has on their clients.
We believe every family should feel confident when buying and selling a home.
It’s the responsibility of a real estate professional to educate and serve their clients so that they can make confident and powerful decisions that they feel good about. We believe the best way to help families is to understand what’s happening in the market, why it’s happening, how it impacts consumers, and how to effectively communicate this information.
Who We Are at KCM...
KCM is a pretty awesome place to work, in fact, we’re even certified as a Great Place to Work! We are also honored to be on Forbes Magazine’s “Top 100 Best Small and Medium Workplaces in the Country” list for four years running!
Working with the KCM Crew feels like you’re getting paid to hang out with friends. We definitely work hard and will challenge you to do and be your best, but we’re more like family and friends than “office co-workers.” If you’re looking for a fun, exciting, challenging work environment, then KCM may be the place for you. You will be challenged, you will be pushed to grow, and we hope you will push us forward as well.
The Whole Package...
- Location: Richmond, VA
- Total Compensation: $40,000 - $45,000 annually
- Health insurance with employee premiums 100% covered
- Simple IRA program with 3% company match
- Unlimited vacation policy (plus we insist you take at least 2 weeks off each year – this isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation)
How to Apply...
We have a non-standard application process. To jumpstart the process, we ask a few questions we would normally ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and helps us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Make sure to answer each question.
- APPLY HERE: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6QHWL8M
- *Please note, we do not accept application through ZipRecruiter. If you do not complete the survey at the link above, we will assume you are no longer interested in the position.
Then, just wait for us to reply. It can take some time to read through all the applications, but we do read all of them and we reply to everyone, even if it doesn’t seem like a great fit.
We’re excited and look forward to hearing from you soon!