AAB and GIC Program Manager
Keep Indianapolis Beautiful Inc Indianapolis, IN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
1029 Fletcher Ave, Suite 100
Indianapolis, IN 46203
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST CONTAIN A COVER LETTER AND RESUME.
Keep Indianapolis Beautiful (KIB) is an environmental and community nonprofit with a mission to help people and nature thrive. We partner with neighborhoods, local government, universities, community groups, and businesses to achieve our vision of an Indianapolis that is loved, cared for, and ecologically rich. We are also one of the most volunteered-for organizations in Indianapolis, working with about 20,000 volunteers each year to plant trees and native landscapes, organize litter cleanups, develop and support community placemaking, restore habitat, educate the public and employ youth.
KIB helps people and nature thrive most effectively when we reflect the diversity of perspectives, voices, and abilities found throughout our city. The principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our work—from supporting biodiversity in nature to engaging communities. KIB is an equal opportunity employer that encourages applicants—including persons of color; people who are LGBTQ; veterans; people who are multilingual or multicultural; and individuals of various ages and abilities—to help us create a team with a broad range of backgrounds and thinking.
Job Title: Adopt-A-Block and Great Indy Cleanup Program Manager
Salary Range: $39,000-41,000
Benefits: Health, dental & vision insurance (company pays 80-90% of employee coverage), company-paid life and long-term disability insurance and 403b match of 3%; generous PTO and holiday schedule.
As the Adopt-A-Block and Great Indy Cleanup Program Manager you will lead all the programming for the Adopt-A-Block (AAB) and Great Indy Cleanup (GIC) programs, with a vision toward strengthening the programs interaction together as well as with other KIB efforts. These programs are closely aligned and comprise the largest percentage of repeat volunteers at KIB. These volunteers form the foundation of much of KIB’s outreach and can play a vital role in creating successful outcome for KIB’s programs and community advocacy. This position will report to the Director of Community Engagement, and work closely with a block scorer.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
- Community Outreach
- Recruit and promote the AAB and GIC programs by attending neighborhood meetings, outreach to community groups, promotion to project partners and other engagement opportunities.
- Provide leadership and recommendations toward informing and engaging AAB and GIC volunteers into other KIB volunteer opportunities.
- Support community goals and work closely with the KIB Team and Engagement Department in fulfilling those needs.
- City Contract Management for litter mitigation
- Weekly coordination with the City of Indianapolis’ Department of Public Works (DPW) and Southside Landfill on community cleanup projects.
- Plan and implement two annual cleanup events (April and October) with the community.
- Complete an annual report for the City and Keep America Beautiful.
- Program Management and Metrics
- Plan, organize and implement all events associated with the AAB program including but not limited to Volunteer Appreciation Events Supply Distribution, Native Plant Workshop and Distribution, Tree Workshop and Distribution.
- Responsible for data entry, renewal process and mapping of AAB and GIC Volunteers.
- Manage the Little Block Improvements Grants (BIG)
- Track number of volunteers, volunteer hours, pounds of trash collected numbers and donated service and materials and report monthly.
- Volunteer Program Support
- Explore ways to help engage residents to meet their interests and support KIB goals
- Build clearer awareness of KIB projects with nearby AAB/GIC volunteers in respective neighborhoods.
- Assist in general volunteer programming to further engage, recruit and retain specialized and repeat volunteers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging training and experience.
- Volunteer management and community engagement skills
- Valid driver’s license and is comfortable driving a truck and trailer, or willing to learn
- Proficiency in Spanish language preferred
Characteristics of a Strong Candidate:
- Highly organized, self-motivated and able identify how strategic goals shape and develop engagement goals
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A natural ease in new situations, and able to recall names and personal facts
- Flexibility in both work schedule and project implementation
- Able to positively represent KIB in the community
Additional Attributes of Strong Candidates:
Exhibit KIB’s Cultural Values of Teamwork, Responsibility, Excellence, Openness, Balance, and Joy.
Education and/or equivalent experience:
2 years of community engagement/volunteer management experience and Bachelor’s degree; (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
Keep Indianapolis Beautiful Inc
Personal CareView all jobs at Keep Indianapolis Beautiful Inc