Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
The Janitor Associate will support Operations by keeping working areas in a clean and orderly condition. To perform this job successfully, the Sanitation Associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are, but not limited to, representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. This role will start off on the day shift and eventually switch to graveyard. Must be flexible
- Transport supplies between departments
- Arranges and maintains boxes, pallets and product in a neat and orderly manner.
- Cleans lint, dust, oil and grease from machines, lighting fixtures and racking
- Cleans floors
- Picks up reusable scrap for salvage
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, lockers and other work areas as needed
- Washes walls and ceiling
- Empties wastebaskets, manages the bailer, and empties and cleans ashtrays
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area
- Replaces light bulbs
- Ensures signage is clean and in proper locations
- Picks up trash from the DC grounds and maintains area
- Operates MHE to transport materials within the DC
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed or warranted, by management.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Related warehouse experience is highly preferred.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- Support and contribute to the overall goals of the Operations Department.
- Takes initiative and works well independently.
- Able to meet goals under tight time constraints.
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external customers and management.
- Follow safe working practices, as instructed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to carry, lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The associate is required to sit. The associate is frequently required to stand, walk, and climb. While performing the duties of this position, the associate is subject to a warehouse environment where temperatures can vary from very cool to very warm. The associate is also exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise levels in the work environment are typically low to moderate.