Linux/Unix Administrator - Master (Top Secret)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Come join our growing team with a 21st Century Vision! At KaylaTek, we understand that the key to our success is the quality of the people we employ. Our focus is not just on jobs, but on building and enhancing your career through ongoing professional development, training, and high quality of life. Our team members choose KaylaTek for a number of reasons including our competitive compensation and benefit packages, dedication to education, as well as our outstanding service. Our Grow Strong Vision encompasses a place for employees to grow, learn and feel a sense of belonging, not just a place to work.
KaylaTek has an opening for an Linux/Unix Administrator - Master level at either the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews, MD or Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Washington DC (Candidate to choose). Candidate must be a US Citizen and have an active TS to be considered for this position.
The qualified Linux/Unix Administrator would join and expand the program's distinguished Systems Administrator (SA) team. The qualified candidate should be proficient in Redhat Satellite, RHEL 7 and have experience and/or general knowledge of another flavor of Unix such as AIX and or Solaris. Make recommendations to purchase hardware/software, coordinate and implement installations of new Linux VMs and provides backup recovery support when needed. Monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills; must have outstanding time management and organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and/or projects with limited direction/supervision where priorities can change rapidly.
Hours: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Candidate must be willing to come onsite full time starting in January 2022.
- 5+ years managing RedHat and/or CentOS systems
- Extensive knowledge and experience managing RedHat Satellite server
- 1+ years of experience applying DISA STIGs and creating checklists
- Familiar with SCAP Scans and STIG Viewer
- Ability to apply RedHat security patches and troubleshoot complex issues
- Ability to configure, install new RHEL Linux systems using kick-start
- Ability to maintain kick-start with the latest DISA benchmarks
- Experience with VMWare and managing Linux systems
- Experience with monitoring RHEL certs and applications
- Familiarity with Solarwinds and SCCM monitoring tools
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Experience using puppet or other automation tool
- Familiar with networking topologies, network configurations on Linux
- Experience supporting Oracle databases on Linux
- Experience configuring and managing Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) on Linux
- Must be able to analyze, interpret, and apply Federal cybersecurity guidance to customer needs.
- Communicate the security posture of systems through designated reporting mechanism.
- Collaborate with other team members in the cybersecurity realm and other duties as assigned.
- Experience with ApacheNiFi
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- 1+ Storage Administration
- 1+ Windows Administration
- 1+ VMWare Administration
- 1+ Unix Administration (AIX and/or Solaris)
- Bachelor degree in a relevant technical discipline (prefer 8-12 years of prior relevant experience) or Master degree with 6-10 years (preferred) of prior relevant experience
- CompTIA Security+ (SY0-301) or other DOD 8570
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All KaylaTek employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition point of contact.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
KaylaTek is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. KaylaTek participates in the DHS e-Verify program.
TechnologyView all jobs at KaylaTek