Junior Cyber Analyst - Secret
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Come join our growing team with a 21st Century Vision! At KaylaTek, we understand that the key to our success is the quality of the people we employ. Our focus is not just on jobs, but on building and enhancing your career through ongoing professional development, training, and high quality of life. Our team members choose KaylaTek for a number of reasons including our competitive compensation and benefit packages, dedication to education, as well as our outstanding service. Our Grow Strong Vision encompasses a place for employees to grow, learn and feel a sense of belonging, not just a place to work.
Employee Benefit Offerings
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company matching, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance, Paid Time Off, 11 Paid Holidays, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Professional Development Program and much more.
Annual Salary Range
$75,000 - $85,000
KaylaTek is seeking a Junior Cyber Analyst to support the AFNCR IT support contract's Computer Network Defense team at Joint Base Andrews (JBA), MD.
Shift Hours: Day-Shift; core support hours are 0600 -1800.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Utilize Enterprise Logging Ingest and Cyber Situational Awareness Refinery (ELICSAR) Big Data Platform (BDP) to collect data, analyze logs and provide enterprise monitoring and detection.
- Assist with standing up Log Analysis capabilities on the AFNCR program to include developing new processes and documentation.
- Create Security Event Notifications to document investigation findings
- Manage and respond to Classified Data Spillages
- Assist with information security awareness program to ensure staff members across the organization understand the policies and risks related to information security
- Collaborate with team members to analyze an alert or a threat
- Stay up to date with latest threats
- Monitor shared email box for notifications and requests
- Contribute to content tuning requests
- Have familiarity with dynamic malware analysis and experience analyzing malicious websites
- Have experience performing analysis of network traffic, host logs, and correlating diverse security logs to perform recommendations for response
- Contribute to SOP/brown bag development and updating
- Attend briefings and take appropriate actions to defend the enterprise
- Understanding of security tools such as IDS, IPS, Proxy, Firewall, Antivirus, DLP
- Working knowledge of Windows OS and standard system logs.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Information Systems, or related discipline and 2+ years of direct experience; or Master's degree and 6+ years of experience. Additional relevant/specialized training and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Possess a current DoD 8570 compliant certification for IAT Level II, e.g. Security + w/CE prior to start.
- Possess a current DoD 8570 compliant certification for CSSP Incident Responder, e.g. Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) prior to start
- Must hold active DoD Secret clearance or higher.
- Experience using and managing DoD Big Data Platform (BDP) and/or Enterprise Logging Ingest and Cyber Situational Awareness Refinery (ELICSAR)
- Experience with Department of Defense Cyber Operations
- Experience in coordinating and responding to events on all of the monitored networks and the systems on those networks
- Knowledge of current and emerging cyber adversaries and their techniques, tactics, and procedures (TTPs)
- Possess and demonstrate superb customer service skills and the ability to work independently, prioritize, schedule, and complete multiple tasks along with extensive knowledge and experience in specialized area of expertise, especially as it relates to the Department of Defense (DoD).
MUST BE A US CITIZEN
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All KaylaTek employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition point of contact.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
KaylaTek is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. KaylaTek participates in the DHS e-Verify program.
BusinessView all jobs at KaylaTek