Kaycha Labs Central Point, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Field Technicians work largely in the field, driving to customer sites and working directly with clients to collect samples. Samplers/Field Technicians will report to the lab at the beginning and end of each shift to receive instructions and drop off samples.
Field Technicians establish the chain of custody of products sampled between the customer and the laboratory and ensure the sampling takes place using appropriate methods, clean tools and protective wear. Samplers/Field Technicians are also responsible for developing positive customer relationships and collecting payments from customers.
Duties and responsibilities
• Randomly select samples for testing using the appropriate procedures
• Document sample and client information
• Maintain proper chain of custody of the samples from the client to the lab
• Enter orders with required sample information into METRC and the lab’s LIMS system Customer Relations:
• Contact clients in conjunction with the Client Services Rep(s) to determine if their sampling needs to create a sampling plan (e.g., number of batches, requested analyses, sample information)
• Ensure that client requests and sampling processors are compliant with industry regulations
• Collect payment from clients
• Maintain/enhance customer relations
• Coordinate intake activities with CSR, Intake Specialist and Lab Manager
• Perform duties as requested
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or other responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities might change or new ones assigned at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications and Competencies
• Must be over 25 years old
• A minimum completion of at least two years of college coursework preferred
• Completion of Sampler/Field Technician training and demonstrated understanding required prior to active sampling
• Must have excellent customer relationship management skills
• Proof of an excellent driving record and a valid driver’s license are required
• Facility with office and laboratory computer applications
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent time management skill with ability to multi-task effectively, manage changing priorities and remain calm under pressure
• Ability to demonstrate teamwork and collaborate effectively on projects and tasks with supervisor and co-workers
• Demonstrate responsibility, accountability, and dependability toward assigned tasks and duties • Ability to demonstrate professional, positive attitude toward assigned tasks, projects and colleagues
• Accredited laboratory environment requires strict adherence to safety, regulatory and Quality Assurance protocols
• Background check required
• Possess a valid OR Marijuana Worker Permit
Working conditions and Physical Requirements:
Sufficient motor function to perform a variety of routine laboratory and/or field sampling, move freely and safely from one location to another in the laboratory and/or field, sufficient upper body muscle coordination to collect appropriate clinical specimens safely and accurately; dexterity to manipulate tools, instruments, and small equipment, including keyboards and other data input tools in a manner consistent with standards of clinical laboratory practice; life and move objects of at least 20 pounds.
This job might include some extended work hours during harvest and other busy seasons as well as travel to client grow or processing sites. Requires work in and around a laboratory environment with some exposure to noxious fumes. This job requires long periods of standing. This job requires driving.
Kaycha Labs is a leading provider of innovative Cannabis and Hemp testing technologies and methods. We perform product testing to help ensure compliance with state and federal regulations. We provide comprehensive cannabis testing for potency, homogeneity, heavy metals, microbial contamination, mycotoxins, residual solvents, terpenes, and pesticides.
540 E Vilas RdCentral Point, OR