Child Care Assistant Director
- Posted: over a month ago
- $32,000 to $40,000 Yearly
Looking for an Assistant Director to join the Kay Cares Child Care family. The Center Assistant Director will serve as the overall operational leader of the center under the Mentorship of the Director. Oversee the day-to-day operations of the center while demonstrating passion for early childhood education and the growth of the children and teachers.
The job is ideal for someone who is detail-oriented, independent, innovative, and able to manage in high stress situations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure facilities are maintained and cleaned according to state regulations
· Establish budgets and set fees for programs
· Meet with parents and staff to discuss students’ progress
· Assist staff in communicating with parents
· Help staff resolve conflicts between children
· Develop educational programs and set educational standards
· Establish policies and communicate them to staff and parents
· Provide training and professional development opportunities for staff
· Hire and train new staff members
· Supervise preschool teachers and childcare workers
· Plan and supervise all aspects of the program for children
· Supervise the staff
· Be available to staff, parents, and children
· Be 21 years old or older
· Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education (Bachelors degree preferred)
· Have successfully completed 9 clock hours of approved pre-service training in communicating with staff, parents, and the public, or at least one academic college course for credit
· Have successfully completed 3 semester hours or their equivalent of approved administrative training
· Have successfully completed 3 clock hours of approved training in complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act
· Have successfully completed 6 semester hours or 90 clock hours, or their equivalent, of approved pre-service training, or hold the Child Development Associate National Credential that is issued by the Council for Professional Recognition
· Have successfully completed 3 semester hours of approved training, or the equivalent, related exclusively to the care of infants and toddlers
· Have successfully completed approved training in supporting breastfeeding practices
According to the individual's professional development plan, complete approved continued training, at the rate of at least 12 clock hours per full year of employment as an Assistant Director, that consists of a
· Minimum of 6 clock hours of core of knowledge training; and
· Maximum of 6 clock hours of elective training; and
The Assistant Director shall document completion of the continued training on the professional development plan.
committed to the children in our care. Our philosophy is to encourage
children to learn and develop at their own level in order to gain confidence
and self-importance. By providing guidance and understanding, we ensure
that children have the opportunity to explore their world in a safe and
controlled environment. Our flexible daily program will respond to the
individual needs and interests of children, and provide them with the
necessary tools for success in both group and structured settings.
We have an open-door policy and welcome and invite parents to visit the
facility whenever their child is in attendance. Even though our doors remain
locked for security and safety, our staff is always ready to provide access to
parents and guardians. Similarly, we invite parents to call us anytime to
inquire about their child or the facility in general. We aim to provide an
enlightening experience for children while providing parents with the peace
of mind they deserve.
Kay Cares Child Care Center Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?