Service Supervisor - Apartment Maintenance - Landover, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join Kay Apartment Communities’ service team at our 346-unit apartment community in Landover, MD. Kay’s service department is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of our properties and is committed to providing exceptional customer service and a comfortable living experience for our residents.
The service supervisor reports to the community manager and is supported by the manager of maintenance and safety.
- Provide exceptional customer service and effectively communicate with residents, guests, visitors and staff within company policies and Fair Housing laws.
- Oversee all property maintenance work, service requests, turnovers, building inspections and preventative maintenance.
Supervise the service, repair, replacement and installation of items such as:
- Stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers, disposals, fixtures
- Toilets, sinks, vanities, faucets, diverters
- Drains (use of K50, K1500, K38)
- Electrical circuits, receptacles, switches and fuses
- Light fixtures & ceiling fans
- Countertops, cabinets and general carpentry
- Window screens and blinds
- Interior and exterior doors
- Vinyl and ceramic floor covering
- HVAC equipment
- Ensure that service and repair requests are completed in a safe, prompt and professional manner
- Assist community manager in scheduling turnovers, contracted services and major improvement projects
- Oversee and prepare apartments for move-in, on a specified schedule
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks as required by the community
- Uphold maintenance shop and manage parts inventory. Ensure all company-owned equipment is in good working condition.
- Assist community manager in evaluating service technicians
- Support technicians with maintenance emergencies (24/7)
- Assist and provide technicians with technical support, as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Supervisor Experience Preferred
Minimum 5–7 years of apartment maintenance supervisory experience, which includes but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, appliances, carpentry and punch-out work.
- Experience in apartment turnovers
- Adhere all to safe work practices
- HVAC and CFC certifications preferred
- Ability to supervise a team as well as work independently and professionally
- Excellent organizational, communication and customer service skills
- Basic computer skills
- Able to work on-call and when needed, extended hours (including after hours and weekends)
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must have own hand tools
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
- Our exceptional benefits package
- Medical & dental insurance
- Paid holidays
- Vacation/sick leave
- 401(K) retirement savings plan
- Life insurance
- Overtime pay
- Annual bonuses
- Rent discount
- Criminal background check
Kay Apartment Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Kay Apartment Communities
1720 Brightseat Road LandoverLandover, MD
Real EstateView all jobs at Kay Apartment Communities
Get fresh CALL Center Supervisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.