Assistant Community Manager - Apartments - Fairfax, VA
Kay Apartment Communities Fairfax, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join Kay Apartment Communities’ team at our 199-unit apartment community in Fairfax, VA. The assistant community manager at Kay exemplifies superior customer service and helps guide team members to ensure the satisfaction of our current residents, while maximizing the successful operation of the property. The assistant community manager reports to the community manager. The position offers a competitive salary, bonuses and an exceptional benefits package.
- Provide superior customer service and effectively communicate with prospective and current residents, staff, vendors and visitors.
- Assist in overseeing leasing, resident relations, maintenance, budgeting, accounts payable, vendor relations and team development.
- Manage the collection process on the community: collect and post rent, research resident ledgers, Suit lists, Writs & Summons.
- Manage purchase Orders
- Assist in managing the leasing process by guiding the leasing team through the company’s effective sales techniques and follow-through.
- Deliver a superior resident experience by building relationships and providing courteous, efficient and timely response to resident needs and concerns. Help overseeing:
- Distribution of all resident communication
- Service request follow-up
- Professional resident concern resolution
- Communicate and enforce company policies and procedures, and ensure compliance of Fair Housing laws.
- Partner with the Community Manager and service team to maintain curb appeal, implement preventive maintenance measures, ensure timely and efficient repairs and make-ready process.
- Assist in conducting timely apartment inspections to ensure they are ready for showings. Complete move-in/move-out inspections with residents.
- Schedule contractor work, as needed.
- Assist in leading, developing and motivating a team of X. Assist with recruitment of new talent.
- Help create schedules of all team members to ensure maximum efficiency; help maintain payroll.
- Meet and strive to exceed occupancy and resident retention goals, while lowering delinquency.
Other duties as assigned
- Highly motivated, dependable and customer-focused with the ability to be a team role model
- Minimum 2 years of property management experience, effectively working with all levels of staff and management
- High school diploma; college degree preferred
- Superior leadership and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use problem-solving skills and best judgment to handle unpredictable situations and challenging customer interactions
- Strong time management and organizational skills , attention to detail
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Basic computer knowledge and working proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Some knowledge of property management and lead management programs a plus.
- Working knowledge of Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant and eviction laws
- Ability to work some Saturdays
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
Our exceptional benefits package
- Medical & dental insurance
- Paid holidays
- Vacation/sick leave
- 401(K) retirement savings plan
- Life insurance
- Year-end bonuses
- Rent discount
- Extensive training program
Criminal background check
Kay Apartment Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Kay Apartment CommunitiesWhy Work Here?
Exceptional benefits, competitive compensation, dedicated professionals, career growth opportunities!
Kay Apartment Communities has been a locally-recognized multifamily owner and manager in the Washington Metropolitan area for over 50 years. Our portfolio includes more than 12,000 apartment homes in 32 communities located throughout Maryland and Virginia. Kay offers a competitive compensation, an exceptional benefits package, extensive training and career growth opportunities. We welcome you to join our team!
3963 Persimmons DriveFairfax, VA