General Manager HOA
Job Type: Part-time (30 hours)
• Management: 5 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
• Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Kawela Plantation Homeowners Association, located on the beautiful island of Molokai, is seeking an experienced General Manager to lead our team. The purpose of this position is to ensure the overall daily operation of the Homeowners Association. The primary functions of this position include: Fiscal responsibility, maintenance, water system support, management of staff and support personnel which includes hiring, training and handling employee relations matters. The position will also be a close link with the HOA board and various HOA committees that support the operation of the HOA. Will also attend Board meetings and participate in resolution of resident issues/concerns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Planning (working with Board of Directors):
· Acts as the primary liaison with the KPHA Board of Directors and homeowners. Keep Board of Directors apprised of current events and issues by maintaining regular contact.
· Stay current with HOA rules and regulations and ensure appropriate governmental and regulatory compliance is maintained; conduct all business transactions according to the bylaws, rules, DC&R guidelines, State and HOA required policies and procedures.
· Review monthly financial reports and ensure they are submitted to the Board of Directors
· Obtain bids and oversee activities of contract service representatives. Follow up on projects to ensure budget guidelines are met and projects are completed according to specifications
• Prepare for and attend regular and annual Board meetings.
• Maintain accurate inventory of all property, real and personal equipment.
• Make recommendations to the Board as needed to implement necessary functions.
• Oversee, measure and improve the process by which issues brought by residents are properly addressed.
Daily Workflow and Staff:
• Responsible for hiring, training and supervision of staff, including regular performance evaluations. Oversee bi-monthly payroll.
• Assign daily and weekly tasks and inspect/ensure work has been completed properly.
• Manage contracts and purchase requisitions. Ensure compliance with relevant laws, ordinances, governing documents and Board of Directors.
• Financial accountability including invoice and billing oversight, operating statements, budgeting and QuickBooks.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 5+ years’ experience in HOA environment/industry; preferably in a general manager or similar capacity.
· BA or appropriate work-related experience
• Detail orientated with great organizational skills with a can-do positive attitude.
• Computer skills required in MS Office, (including Excel, Word, Access) and QuickBooks.
• Ability to multi-task with little supervision.
• Ability to maintain a strong rapport with Board of Directors, homeowners, community, staff and contractors.
• Need candidate to be energetic and flexible.
• Be able to understand and interpret financial statements and prepare annual budgets.
• Handle maintenance needs and coordinate bids, contractors and supervise construction projects
This is a 30 hour per week position with potential growth into FT. Benefits Package is included.
Salary is based on experience. For a complete job description go to www.kawelapha.com. Interested candidates should supply cover letter, resume, salary history, supervisory references, copy of degree(s), transcript(s) or certificate(s) via email to KPHA.firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (808) 553-3996 or mail to PO Box 28, Kaunakakai, HI 96748. All applications must be received by October 31, 2019.