Kaufman Rossin’s hedge fund tax professionals specialize in tax issues that affect hedge funds and private equity firms, providing tax consulting and compliance to hundreds of funds with U.S. and foreign reporting requirements. Our tax services help hedge funds plan strategically to minimize their investors’ tax burdens, comply with regulations and meet their financial goals.
We even work with clients and their attorneys in the initial start-up phase to determine the optimal fund structure to achieve goals and minimize taxes.
- Preparing yearly tax filings for Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, Real Estate Funds, and Funds' general partners and investment managers
- Performing security analysis and calculating various Fund tax adjustments
- Preparing complex partner tax allocations
- Communicating with federal and state tax authorities, as needed
- Researching tax treatment of complex financial instruments and corporate actions of Funds
- Assisting in the tax planning for Funds, including structuring new Funds and optimizing existing Fund's tax strategies
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar discipline
- CPA, MS in tax, a plus
- Basic knowledge of partnership tax accounting rules (with a focus on hedge funds, a plus)
- Experience in the financial service industry, a plus
- Strong team player and a commitment to high quality, detailed work
- Self-starter with ability to deal with multiple priorities
- Passion for client service
- Strong communication skills