Epidemiologist (AI/AN Populations)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description | Epidemiologist (AI/AN Populations)
Founded in 1990, Kauffman & Associates, Inc. (KAI), is an American Indian– and woman-owned management consulting firm dedicated to improving the lives of vulnerable populations and enhancing the reach and effectiveness of social sector organizations. We combine stories of lived experiences with meaningful, data-driven insights to reach underserved communities.
We work closely with federal, tribal, state, and regional governments; associations; foundations; and private-sector businesses. At KAI, we do work that matters!
About the Role
As a member of the Research & Evaluation (R&E) team, the Epidemiologist will report to KAI’s VP for Research & Evaluation. The Epidemiologist will collaborate with KAI teams, clients, and other stakeholders to enhance understanding of American Indian and Alaska Native (AI/AN) public health, social determinants of health, and factors impacting health outcomes in both tribal and urban Indian communities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop statistical analysis plans, conduct evaluations, and provide epidemiological interpretation of data and findings
- Support development of survey instruments and focus group discussion guides
- Present findings and recommendations to clients and other external stakeholders
- Lead communications with policy makers and representatives from public health departments
- Stay abreast of the latest research developments and trends in AI/AN public health publications and other relevant scientific areas through a review of scientific literature
- Provide data analysis and data visualization support to KAI teams, as needed
- Thorough understanding of challenges related to AI/AN-focused data and research
- Demonstrated epidemiology experience in AI/AN public health, disease surveillance, and epidemiologic practices
- Knowledge of data communications security and privacy techniques, including legal and ethical issues regarding confidentiality and use of individually identifiable public health and medical record data
- Strong analytical skills and advanced knowledge of diverse analytical methods (e.g., statistics, predictive modeling, and data visualization)
- Outstanding oral, written and presenting skills for diverse audiences (both technical and non-technical)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and support numerous projects with competing deadlines
Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Public Health, or related field (required)
- PhD in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Public Health, or related field (PhD preferred)
- Experience conducting epidemiological research using AI/AN data (required)
- Knowledge of AI/AN health delivery system (preferred)
- High proficiency in a leading statistical analysis software (e.g., SPSS, R, JMP, Stata, etc.)
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience working with large public health databases (e.g., BRFSS)
- Proficiency in data visualization software, such as Tableau (strongly preferred)
- Project management experience (strongly preferred)
What’s in it for You
- 80% company paid medical insurance premiums, portion of family paid
- 50% company paid dental insurance premiums, portion of family paid
- Vision insurance
- $50K life insurance
- Partial internet reimbursement
- Remote work
- Matching 401K
Location: Remote Work - can work in any US location
Kauffman Inc and Associ
Get fresh Epidemiologist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.