Community Health Worker - COVID Initiative (Full Time)
- Expired: June 16, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The community health worker (CHW) will support and coach at-risk patients/community in managing their own health care to mitigate the transmission of COVID-19 and assist them in navigating the health care and social service systems. Community Health Workers in this position (CHWs) bridge the gap between health care providers and people in need of care who have been directly impacted by COVID-19. They serve as a link between the patient and the health or social service agencies. Assist patients in the community-through home visits, attending medical appointments, and accessing other community-based resources. Although this position is based at the Clinic, CHWs are very mobile and spend a majority of their time actively working with patients in the community. Must be available to travel. Other duties may be assigned to meet organizational goals.
** The COVID-19 vaccination is mandated for all Katy Trail Community Health employees.
Some Duties Include:
• Identify underserved population
• Education on COVID-19 mitigation
• Partner with local public health organizations and other community partners on disease mitigation andeducation to reduce COVID-19 disease burden
• Reporting on Community education efforts
• Address barriers to obtain qualified services
• 2 years experience working in the community health, human services, outreach and/or healthcare preferred
• Must be able to obtain Community Health Worker certificate within 6 - 9 months of hiring
• Must obtain CHW Credentialing within 6 - 9 months of hiring.
• Must obtain Pandemic Preparedness Training within 30 days of hiring
• Desirable experience includes customer service, patient/peer coaching/ medical patient interaction, community relations, outreach, data entry and public speaking skills
• Ability to speak other languages preferred
• Experience working with underserved and diverse populations in community settings
• Experience in navigating health and social service systems
• Demonstrated ability to support, coach and motivate patients to reach their goals
• Additional certifications and education in community health is encouraged
• Above average attendance required
• Must have the ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule, proof of liability and property damage insurance on vehicle used is required
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
• Potential exposure to virus, disease and infection from patients in working environment
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to identify, communicate and exchange information
• The employee regularly is required to move about the building
• Expected to travel to community meetings, client homes or other agencies
• May experience traumatic situations including psychiatric traumatized and deceased patients
• Employee may regularly have to lift up to 30 pounds with device assistance
Katy Trail Community Health
821 Westwood AveSedalia, MO
GovernmentView all jobs at Katy Trail Community Health