Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
- Check in patients;verifies all demographic and insurance information with patient attime of check-in and update patient account if needed.
- Assist new patients in completing all necessary paperwork
- Collect all patient insurance information
- Direct patients to PFS to update new insurance charges or to make financial agreements
- Communicate with clinical staff regarding patient scheduling (i.e.late arrivals,cancelledappointments, etc.)
- Collect any co-pays,co-insurance,or patient balances indicated by the PFS on alertnotes or as indicated on the patient account record.
- Schedule patients return appointments.
- Participate when necessary with other staff members to seek account resolution.
- Batch and balance all monies and transactions entered in system daily.
- Completes all daily activity reports at end of scheduled shift.
- Participates in educational and developmental activities.
- Maintain patient flow
- Follow HIPAA guidelines.
- Other duties as required
Interpersonal Skills & Attributes
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (**Bilingual in English & Spanish is a PLUS!)
- Excellent customer service orientation and phone skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organization skills
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective, working relationships
- Ability to handle oneself in a professional manner
- Adheres to policies and procedures
- 1+ Year of Experience in a Clinical Setting
- 1-2 Years of Customer Service
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Katy Advanced OB/GYN
Why Work Here?To learn more about our clinic, please visit our website at http://www.katyadvancedobgyn.com.