We are seeking a Civil Engineer that has worked on mid-size to large projects in a process or production environment. With several large expansions ongoing in the Houston area, we are looking for a talented individual to oversee and follow-up on Material Handling and packaging projects to support the continuous increase in our packaging and logistic operations. Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate, communicate and document project needs and milestones with internal and external customers
- Coordinate procurement, engineering, installation and commissioning with vendors/ccontractors
- Inspect construction sites
Check the progress payments from the contractor
Report status and problems/solutions to project director and internal customer.
Think out of the box and evaluate innovative and cost efficient solutions.
Strong focus on innovation and automation in conceptual design phase.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil with 2-5 year experience OR 10 years as a Superintendent with a proven track record showing Mid-large investment projects and a strong desire to evolve into a project manager role.
- Experience in construction of rail facilities, warehouse buildings, tilt wall construction.
Motivated, proactive, energetic, accurate and good “project team player”. Able to work independently.
Must be detail oriented, but capable of keeping overview on the big picture
Must enjoy being part of a hands-on and growing team
Perform well under pressure in a dynamic, target oriented and challenging project environment
Willing to start work on short notice
Willing to travel on short and mid term assignments.
High professional ethic