Performs janitorial cleaning of building work area, equipment and fixture surfaces. Cleans and keeps in an orderly condition factory working areas and washrooms, or premises of an office or commercial or other establishment. Must work in accordance to the Statement of Work.
- Perform janitorial duties by using only approved cleaning products.
- Loads and unloads supplies, and moves equipment using dollies, handcarts, or power equipment.
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, mirrors, and fixtures using both step and extension ladders.
- Shampoos carpets.
- Sweep and/or vacuum assigned building work areas.
- Mop and/or scrub floor surfaces.
- Polish floor areas.
- Remove trash, recycling and other refuse daily and prepare bins for weekly pick-up.
- Dust equipment, furniture, and fixtures.
- Polish metal, fixtures and trimmings.
- Provide supplies and minor maintenance services.
- Clean lavatories, showers and restroom areas.
- Wash windows.
- Re-stock supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience in building janitorial services.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government background security clearance.
- Knowledge of standard methods, practices, tools, and equipment of the janitorial service.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety rules.
- Knowledge of the proper use of chemicals.
- Focused on providing strong customer service.
- Capacity to take direction.
- Must have basic reading and writing skills.
- Able to prioritize tasks and manage time to meet deadlines.
- Able to perform job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Must have strong attendance record and be punctual.
- Able to work with others in a professional manner.
- Follows and works in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Occasionally required to work evening and/or weekend
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be exceedingly well organized, flexible.
Position requires the ability to bend, reach, stretch, push, pull and stand for extended periods; climb ladders, lift heavy objects, operate medium weight cleaning equipment such as floor buffers, etc. moving equipment, supplies, and furniture, using hands/fingers, handling, reaching with hands and arms, talking, hearing, and seeing (up close, at a distance, along the periphery, with depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus), walking or standing for extended periods, and occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds. It is Katmai Government Services, LLC's business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Work is primarily performed in an office setting and or building, but may also be performed in a maintenance facility. Employee may be exposed to sharp objects and may be exposed to some heat, loud noise, chemicals, lead and vibration. Katmai strictly adheres to the Occupational Safety and Health Standards (OSHA) regulations. Use of personal protective equipment is mandatory if applicable. Employee will be exposed to a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
40 hours per week. May be required to work more hours as needed to complete assignment or project. May require flexible work schedule.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on the company website, https://katmaicorp.com/life-at-katmai/.
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/FrUjevEY7z
EEO Supplement Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/pzpazUDsKb
Pay Transparency Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/XP6htB3UCc
Right to Work Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/KGGBPdDBaV
Right to Work Poster (Spanish): https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/vUsEZp98X4
E-Verify Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/ZnhZwl4XK1
E-Verify Poster (Spanish): https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/HFEbHdtz1e
Division: Katmai Support Services
Type: Temporary Full-Time
FLSA Status: a non-Exempt