IT Support Technician
Katmai Government Services Anchorage, AK
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our IT Support Technician is an entry-level position responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining all desktop and notebook computers, mobile devices, and associated peripherals on the Katmai network. The IT Support Technician will report to the Director of Information Technology and will work closely with other members of the Information Technology Department to support all end users.
A typical work week looks like:
- Assist staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment. Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, and administrative systems.
- Track and document issue resolution using ticketing system.
- Manage all mobile devices and service accounts.
- Train and orient staff on use of hardware and software.
- Maintain inventory of all hardware and software resources.
- Configure and maintain systems management appliances.
- Develop scripts and procedures for managing systems remotely.
- Use remote support tools to assist users with technical issues.
- Manage user accounts in Active Directory.
- Manage user mailboxes in Microsoft Exchange/Office 365.
- Execute other assigned tasks as delegated by the Director of Information Technology.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher required. Coursework in Information Technology or related field preferred.
- Microsoft or CompTIA certifications preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of troubleshooting and resolving hardware and computer-related peripheral problems in a networked business environment.
As required by Executive Order 14042, employees of federal contractors (this includes Katmai Government Services and all subsidiary companies) are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., company site, government site, telework, work at home, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination by your date of hire or December 8, 2021 (whichever is later). You may request a religious or medical accommodation and should request an accommodation at the earliest opportunity once selected.
It's a bonus if you have:
- Detail-oriented with the ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of most recent versions of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to conduct independent research and analysis.
- Excellent problem solving.
- Ability to compose and edit technical documents to ensure readability and adherence to identified themes.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Experience supporting remote users with tools such as Logmein, GoToAssist, Bomgar, etc.
- Knowledge of Active Directory concepts and administration.
- Experience supporting Outlook in a Microsoft Exchange/Office 365 environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and related network services such as DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc.
Must have or be able to attain a valid state driver’s license and be insurable on the company’s automobile insurance policy.
Driving may be required when traveling and/or short occasional amounts of local driving. The expected driving time is less than 10%.
We understand that our strength as a professional services organization lies in our talented workforce, and we pride ourselves on attracting and retaining outstanding employees from our exceptional staff of highly skilled technical workers to our team of committed and knowledgeable support personnel.
Katmai is committed to providing the highest level of customer support and satisfaction possible. If you share our commitment, we encourage you to apply.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on the company website, https://katmaicorp.com/life-at-katmai/
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders, Spouses of Shareholders, and Descendants of Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2000e - 2(i).
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/FrUjevEY7z
EEO Supplement Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/pzpazUDsKb
Pay Transparency Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/XP6htB3UCc
Right to Work Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/KGGBPdDBaV
Right to Work Poster (Spanish): https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/vUsEZp98X4
E-Verify Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/ZnhZwl4XK1
E-Verify Poster (Spanish): https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/HFEbHdtz1e
Katmai Government Services
11001 O'Malley Centre DriveAnchorage, AK
TechnologyView all jobs at Katmai Government Services