Industrial Maintenance/Manufacturing Electrical Technician
Katerra is redefining the multi-trillion dollar construction industry by bringing tech-centric innovation to Architecture and product design, construction, manufacturing, supply-chain and customer service. The team is a unique blend of talent from Google, Amazon, and Flextronics along with Construction Industry professionals. Katerra’s vision is to make leading edge buildings affordable and accessible to everyone in the world.
The maintenance/electrical technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties including troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining production and facility equipment according to production schedules to support the site’s business goals.
- Ability to identify, maintain and troubleshoot PLC's, PLC components, Motor Controls including motor starters, Variable Frequency Drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components.
- Hands-on experience with industrial electricity and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC systems.
- Reasoning, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Prevent the downtime of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing scheduled preventive maintenance on motors, pneumatic equipment, conveyor systems, and production machines.
- Maintain Critical Spare Parts inventory; anticipating needed parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders and verifying receipt.
- Assist with equipment installations and re-alignment.
- Construct, rebuild and repair equipment and facilities including various wood and metal structures and equipment using various fabrication techniques including welding.
- Ability to interpret drawings both mechanical and electrical schematics.
- Maintain and update equipment documentation, drawings and schematics.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with Plant and Safety procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to train others with lesser skills.
- Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others.
- Able to work all shifts: first, second and third, including overtime to support a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week operation.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- An AA degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance is a plus.
- 5+ years of electrical troubleshooting and PLC/Automation experience
- Manufacturing experience; hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills.
- Ability to operate a lift truck.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member may be exposed to noise, wood products, plastics, lubricants, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing. Candidate must be able to physically perform these tasks, sometime for extended periods of time.
- Need to be able to access all levels and areas of the facility.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to communicate effectively (written, verbal and presentation skills) and maintain a professional level of interaction with all members of the company to deliver accurate information.
Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel, Windows OS and ERP Systems.