- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Katapult’s mission is simple: Our technology inspires financial possibility. Our vision is to create a world where financial barriers no longer exist by providing disruptive technology that empowers and simplifies the shopping experience. Our values speak volumes about how we operate. We enhance the lives of our employees, customers, and retail partners by providing transparent, innovative and empowering financial products. We achieve extraordinary results through commitment, integrity and teamwork. We create opportunities for success and growth everyday. Inclusion is in our DNA, together we are stronger. We persevere, we work hard, we play hard, we win big.
Katapult is the leading omnichannel point-of-sale solution in the alternative consumer finance space. We create opportunities for consumers to buy the items they need while empowering merchants to expand their customer reach.
We believe that opportunity is everything, and our people are the key to success. We are always on the search for individuals who strive for excellence, possess a willingness to learn and bring their best to the table each day. With a comprehensive benefits package, a culture of engagement, and advanced career growth opportunities, Katapult is constantly focusing on people. Visit our careers page for a full list of career opportunities: https://teamkatapult.bamboohr.com/jobs
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Corporate Attorney to join our legal team. The Corporate Attorney will report to the General Counsel & Head of Compliance and will assist with general corporate matters, including contract review.
Primary Job Duties Include (but are not limited to)
- Assists with negotiating a variety of contracts with strategic partners and vendors.
- Drafting and implementing policies and procedures
- Evaluating corporate structuring and forming project-related corporate subsidiaries
- Potential for financing, JVs and other transactional work
- Responsible for researching and analyzing legal issues, statutes, regulations and cases and developing guidance
- Responsible for negotiating with outside parties on customer complaints and legal disputes
- Manage outside counsel on litigation matters
- Assist in the development of the company’s policies and procedures
- Responsible for anticipating, identifying, communicating and mitigating potential legal problems within the organization and developing strategies to avoid litigation and appropriately manage risk
- Maintain current knowledge and keep informed of industry-specific regulations and ensure that appropriate risk management strategies are in place
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, organizational, communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, time management and research skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Jurisprudence Degree and bar admission in good standing
- Minimum of 5 years legal experience, which may include M&A, Corporate Governance or Corporate Finance and familiarity with the cadence of public company SEC filings.
- Results-oriented mindset and self-driven, with meticulous organizational skills
- Top-notch communication skills and excellent drafting skills
- Sound and practical business judgment, common sense, and high emotional intelligence
- Ability to manage a variety of projects at once and prioritize appropriately
Benefits and Perks
At Katapult, there is a lot more to consider than just base pay! We pride ourselves in offering an extraordinary total compensation and benefits package including the following:
- Healthcare (Empire Blue Cross plans) starting at $0.00 for your entire family coverage
- Telemedicine (Tele-Doctor)
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- 401K (100% company match - up to 5% of annual salary - immediate vesting of company contributions)
- Paid Flexible Vacation & Personal Time Policy ("Unlimited PTO")
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (access to counseling)
- Legal Services
Inclusion is in our DNA. Katapult hires the best candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state and local law.
Katapult Group, Inc.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
LegalView all jobs at Katapult Group, Inc.