Risk Management Coordinator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The RQM Coordinator works collaboratively with the Director Risk & Quality Management and other personnel to manage the risk and quality program for the affiliate as well as provide direct support to the clinical services department. Participates in the conceptualization, development, and execution of annual, engaging, informative and motivating regulatory training programs. Performs quality and risk management evaluation and analysis to ensure compliance with organization standards and regulatory requirements. Gathers and evaluates clinical data from the organization; analyzes data for patterns and trends in health care delivery; and determines root causes for specific patient care trends. Ensures customer service and compliance standards are maintained. Abides by the organizations mission in performing job duties. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
The employee, whose signature appears above, agrees to be accountable for the JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES listed below; other duties may be assigned:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES are listed below; other duties may be assigned:
- Coordinates the development, implementation and analysis of quality and risk measurement methodologies and performs audits to include the preparation of patient lists, review of audit criteria, creation of excel spreadsheets and formulas to calculate the compliance rate; and prepares written reports of the audits. May create or revise policies as indicated by audit results.
- Performs non-medical audits and/or controls to identify risk exposure in all affiliate departments, including but not limited to cash handling, expense reimbursement, purchasing, non-clinical contract approval, and drug inventory management.
- Performs medical audits to ensure organizations protocols, guidelines and training requirements are followed including but not limited to: Medical Standards and Guidelines (MSGs), Regulatory Agencies, Pharmacy, Lab, Safety and Infection Control, Family Planning, Abortion, Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), and training records.
- Reviews multiple audit results from all locations, identifies organization-wide trends and offers suggestions for improvement in systems and processes.
- Ensures internal incident reports are completed and submitted and action plans are appropriate.
- Tracks and analyzes risk and quality data.
- Prepares quarterly incident and complication reports evaluating trends in incident type, location, region, and/or type of violation. Monitors reports for patterns and alerts management as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with mandatory training requirements including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS), and specific funding sources.
- Risk and Quality Management (RQM) team, this position works closely with clinical services, human resources, and other leaders to develop course content, core competencies, evaluation tools, and materials for audit activities.
- Proposes and implements recommendations for improved processes including the identification of process improvement opportunities and training needs.
- Designs training curriculum, course content, and materials for trainings required by regulatory agencies; responds to development requests from other departments.
- Delivers and facilitates training in a variety of formats, including classroom, online, one-on-one mentoring, role-playing, group discussion, and other methods depending upon specific needs.
- Documents annual training completion and ensures records are maintained per organization requirements. Coordinates with department leaders to ensure completion of trainings.
- Prepares department communication or other communications as needed.
- Provides support and training to staff as appropriate.
- Participates in the formulation of policies and schedules, utilizing knowledge of identified training needs, new protocols, and business systems, or changes in products, procedures, or services.
- Assists in maintaining and monitoring the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)/safety program, assuring training is adequate, policies are complete and accurate and follows regulations.
- Gathers, compile and evaluate different program data documents like incident reports, health center walkthrough audits in coordination with the RQM Director.
- Document, and ensure communication of key risks, and preparing reports to review with the RQM Director.
- Maintain input or data quality of risk management systems.
- Performing routine inspections and quality tests at health center and administration locations quarterly.
- Ensuring that standards and safety regulations are observed.
- Informs staff regarding quality and risk management enhancements that improve the quality of company services.
- Actively participates in the Quality Assurance program, reviewing and monitoring audits conducted by QA Leadership Team.
- Collaborates with Leadership to develop root-cause-analysis (RCA) and corrective action plans, ensuring recommended corrective action plans are completed in timely manner, keeping appropriate records, and reporting compliance deficits to Director of RQM.
- Displays awareness/understanding of race equity issues in the workplace (and in healthcare).
- Actions demonstrate the ability to build and sustain a culture of trust, quality, and patient and staff satisfaction.
- Commitment to advancing race (+) equity in one's work: interested in expanding knowledge about the role that racial inequity plays in our society.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate across differences, as well as hear and act on feedback related to identity and equity with an openness to learn.
- Committed to the company's service ethos, workplace values, and service standards.
- No direct reports.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree and preferably proven working experience in risk and quality management.
- Prefer experience and or good understanding of quality assurance, risk management, audit, process improvement and policy implementation. Healthcare industry experience desired. Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills with strong follow up and ability to follow through.
- Ability to develop and conduct audits in a healthcare setting.
- Ability to quantify audit findings and implement corrective actions.
- Must be able to do advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel software including mastery over formulas, data management and other Excel features for handling complex tasks.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA compliance for healthcare providers, defensive documentation, and infection control.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to travel as required.
- Ability to think strategically and achieve organizations goals relating to position.
- Ability to provide oversight of compliance and regulatory requirements pertaining to position.
- Comfortable with discussing topics relating to sexual and reproductive health.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage details and complexity, to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and to work under pressure.
- Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and problem-solving techniques in the decision-making process.
- Ability to effectively use organizations computer systems and equipment such as video systems, projectors, conference call/video technology, and laptops and/or other mobile devices.
- Skilled in verbal and written communications.
- Must be able to speak effectively in a public or group setting.
- Be discrete and safeguard confidential information.
- Possess integrity and compliance can be relied upon to act ethically.
- Ability to provide effective, equitable, understandable, and respectful quality care and services that are responsive to the diverse cultural health beliefs and practices, preferred language, health literacy and other communication needs.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Kastel Staffing