Maintenance Technician A- 1st
- Expired: September 28, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor or Group Leader
Overview: Employees at this level are expected to have developed a trade of expertise for machine maintenance and production equipment repairs; Installs, maintains repairs hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic, mechanical and electrical systems on all production equipment and have the ability to work independently in the performance of standard maintenance.
- Must know all Safety Requirements, Departmental and Plant Wide
- Must be able to maintain departmental 5-S for assigned areas and equipment
- Must be able to complete required departmental paper work which primarily consists of work orders, PM's and identifying repair parts
- Must be able to perform advanced troubleshooting of all equipment using mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic skills
- Must have the ability to repair all Production Equipment, and non-Production Equipment
- Must have demonstrated experience working on barrel heats, nozzle heaters, control wiring and hard wiring
- Must get trained to become a certified in Arc Flash technician
- Must know how to get all utilities on line for Production start up to include Cooling Towers, Air Compressors, Dryer's and chillers
- Must have the ability to train other technicians in proper repair procedures of all Equipment
- Must be able to work inside a scissor lift or articulating boom at any height up to 60 feet
- Must be able to read and interpret machine manuals, code books and schematics to write part requisitions
- Must be able to read an electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical schematic
- Must have basic to intermediate PLC experience
- Must have their own tools and tool box (KNA to provide tool list)
- Must be trained in lock out / tag out and follow KNA policy
- Support the implementation, achievement, and maintenance of the Quality and Environmental Policies and Procedures
- Authorities for an employee are granted by means of work instructions, policies and procedures and/or direction provided by management to meet the requirements of the customer
- High School education or GED
- Must be able to read and write the English language
- Must be able to do simple math add, subtract, divide, multiply and percentages
- Must have a four (4) year apprenticeship or eight (8) years documented experience in the field
- Considerable knowledge of methods, materials, tools and practices used in electrical or mechanical areas
- Must be able to detect defects in machinery and equipment and make proper repairs or adjustments
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or reel; reach hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; see; or hear . The employee is occasionally required to sit . The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 40lbs .
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts . The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and /or humid conditions; high, precarious places, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock, and vibration The noise level in the work environment is, moderate to loud but are within OSHA standards .
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are exclusive standards of the position Incumbents will follow any other instruction, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor
Kasai North America, Inc
Real EstateView all jobs at Kasai North America, Inc
Get fresh Maintenance Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.