Design Engineer Level I
- Posted: over a month ago
You must be legally eligble to work in the continential United States. NO VISA SPONSORSHIPS or OPT.
Reports to: Design Engineer Manager
- Ownership of design and development of automotive interior trim components from production release to start-of-production (SOP).
- Track assembly and component part functional, Testing, key date timing, key characteristics, and weight requirements to SOP.
- Lead engineering and design reviews to develop and maintain open issues list.
- Tier II Supplier liaison and management.
- Support the manufacturing plant with design solutions for current production part quality, assembly and manufacturing issues.
- Control of Design Verification Plans and Sign off Report.
- Pre-Production parts follow-up and vehicle build support.
- Initiate development testing as required and report results into the DVP&R.
- Follow established work practices that support compliance with all company policies, safety standards, 5S practices, regulatory and/or customer requirements.
- **Senior Design Engineer: Mentor new product engineers and PE technicians in engineering, department, and company responsibilities.
- Bachelor of Science- Engineering degree
- Minimum 1- 5 years of plastic part design, preference for automotive engineering experience (CATIA V5 design, Product Engineering and Change Management).
- Experience in tooling plastic components and processes are strongly preferred.
- Technical experience relating to design/diagnostics of mechanical system preferably in automotive industry.
- Experience with Honda, Nissan, Toyota, Subaru, Volkswagen
- Experience working with Windows operating system as well as Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience with CATIA V5 (required).
- Experience with 3D-A Surface Modeling
- Understanding of Component Releasing, Change Control and Data management is desired.
- Interior Trim or Headliner (roofing)
- Understanding of DFMEA, (Lessons Learned documents).
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work effectively with a minimum supervision.
This job operates in an office and manufacturing environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment. The performance of this position will also require exposure to the manufacturing areas, which requires the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses.
The employee frequently is required to sit and occasionally required to stand or walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instruction, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Kasai North America, Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Kasai North America, Inc