The HR Generalist for the plant is expected to engage successfully with plant hourly employees and leadership and be a hands-on participant in all employee related activities.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Handle administrative HR work and projects
· Assist in developing and administering appropriate training opportunities for employees to further their personal, career, and organizational development.
· Develop recommendations and coordinate employee relations activities and special projects to maintain a positive employer-employee relationship and maintain morale.
· Manage on-boarding, off-boarding, terminations, prepare related documentation and communications
· Assist with conducting exit interviews. Analyze findings and make recommendations to reduce turnover.
· Coordinate the plant's responses to unemployment claims.
· Assist in the implementation of a skill based training and advancement system
· Provide day-to-day leadership and guidance regarding employment issues including coaching / counseling employees
· Coach supervisors and other plant leaders on basic employee relations skills
· Help implement the plant's employee engagement strategy
· Complete regular reports as required (e.g., headcount, overtime, attendance, organization chart, etc.).
· Assist in managing employee relations by investigating, resolving, and communicating employee questions, issues, or concerns. Determine and take appropriate action to resolve issues in a timely, appropriate, and confidential manner
· Handle leaves of absences, short-term disability program, sickness and accident leaves, FMLA requests and related personnel policy issues
· BS degree in Business or a HR related field
· 3+ years of HR Generalist experience in a manufacturing environment
· Prefer Non-Union experience.
· Must be fluent in Spanish
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills