Manufacturing Production Supervisor
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A Production Shift Supervisor is responsible for the safety, quality, reliability, productivity, and housekeeping of all hourly production workers in the manufacturing plant during his or her shift. This is accomplished through organizing and supervising staff in all departments and monitoring workflow and machine efficiencies throughout the shift. They are also responsible to recruit, onboard, coach, engage and retain employees in the interest of building high performing teams and a great place to work.
Role and Responsibilities
Leading The Operation
- Understand every aspect of the plant’s operations (from receiving to material handling to manufacturing to packaging to shipping) and maintain all workflow processes for each product line
- Manage hourly staff to ensure safety, quality, productivity, reliability, and facility cleanliness is maintained
- Schedule personnel and resources based on staffing levels and production requirements as well as effectively cross train staffing for redundant work center coverage to meet the production schedule
- Assist in decisions regarding the company’s production organizational chart, including hiring for open and/or new positions on the shift, and manage temporary staffing for the shift
- Assist with productivity and maintenance functions as required (which may include operating machinery)
- Troubleshoot machines to provide guidance to departmental Technicians and Operators as well as provide feedback to Engineering and Maintenance on issues and potential fixes
- Ensure proper paperwork and data entry for the shift is being completed in a timely manner
- Track and maintain KPIs for all assigned metrics and provide feedback on shift trends as well as suggest and implement cost reduction strategies
- Effectively communicate with other shift Supervisors and the Operations Manager daily
- Run weekly shift meetings covering safety, quality, facility, HR, scheduling and other updates/notifications.
- Attend weekly production meetings with other shift supervisors and the operations manager
- Assist in maintaining tooling and printing inventories and communicate with Engineering and Maintenance to reorder items as required
Leading The Team
- Recruit and successfully onboard new employees so they feel welcomed and have the knowledge and support they need to stay and succeed
- Observe, coach and train employees on how to do their jobs better
- Involve team members to seek their points of view and empower them to make improvements
- Provide ongoing feedback to include recognizing what is going well and where there are development opportunities
- Get to know every employee as a person and demonstrate care, particularly in time of need (family emergencies, etc.)
- Hold team members accountable and if needed effectively execute disciplinary actions (up to and including terminations)
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead up to 30 hourly workers including department leads
- Prior experience maintaining high standards of safety policies
- Able to spot and troubleshoot issues on manufacturing equipment
- Knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Office
- Leadership abilities, excellent communication skills, critical thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities, able to effectively operate in a fast-paced complex environment, mechanical aptitude, and computer skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Education, Licenses, and CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Associate or bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing a plus
- Experience working in a non-union team based environment
As Kari-Out Company moves into the future, we are confident that our strong staff, high quality products, good relations with our suppliers, and our commitment to our customers will ensure long term success for us as well as our customers and suppliers.
Kari-Out Co.Why Work Here?
Experiencing double digit growth! Great entrepreneurial environment!
Founded in 1964, Kari-Out Company prides itself on being built up from the ground floor with an entrepreneurial attitude towards the growing food service industry. After gaining a strong position in our condiment lines, the company has expanded to include virtually all areas of the food service industry. Today, Kari-Out Company employs over 500 people and has locations throughout the country. Kari-Out Company is also proud to have received the American Institute of Bakers highest standard of quality, Superior, in regards to our manufacturing processes. As Kari-Out Company moves into the future, we are confident that our strong staff, high quality products, good relations with our suppliers, and our commitment to our customers will ensure long term success for us as well as our customers and suppliers.
690 Union BlvdTotowa, NJ
ManufacturingView all jobs at Kari-Out Co.