Summary: Kara seeks an individual who desires to be an integral member of our team providing bereavement support to individuals affected by the death of a significant relationship. The Adult Services Program Associate will work under the supervision of the Adult Services Director to ensure efficient and effective operational, technical, and administrative support for all client services - peer grief groups, one-on-one peer grief support, workshops, and volunteer coordination and engagement. The position also provides exciting opportunities to plan and/or lead virtual volunteer group training for ongoing development, grow our Young Adults Program through the use of social media, and implement other innovative techniques to enhance our virtual offerings. Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Provide direct administrative support in maintaining the Adult Services records management system including client and volunteer information entry and tracking, group management and attendance, wait-list monitoring, surveys, evaluations, service statistics, and closing clients.
- Provide operational support for ongoing small and large group volunteer meetings such as running monthly reporting and creating monthly small group supervision attendance and client tracking sheets.
- Provide operational support for client and volunteer workshops, volunteer training, special projects including communications and marketing, enrollment, attendee management, and day-of logistical operations.
- Provide client service support by assisting with client communications through email, monitoring new virtual client paperwork for signature and submission, and issuing zoom invites for intakes.
- Plan, develop, and execute ongoing relevant and innovative virtual training opportunities for volunteers with the assistance of current Kara volunteers and under the direction of the Program Director.
- Regularly update the online Resources Library for volunteers, post to the Kara Volunteers FB Group, and seek innovative ways to grow the Young Adults program through virtual initiatives.
- Provide general technical support to volunteers and clients in setting up zoom accounts, managing password resets, and troubleshooting for technical issues that arise.
- Assist with agency-wide client service operations in collaboration with other Kara staff as needed.
- Conduct client service intakes as needed.
- Other administrative and technical support duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or equivalent
- Commitment to Kara’s mission, vision and guiding value of compassion
- Strong command of the English language both verbal and written
- Operational and administrative support experience
- Flexible, resourceful and innovative; strong initiative and follow-through skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player and a team builder
- Quick to learn and implement new ideas with a self-awareness and willingness to ask for assistance in a timely fashion
- Ability to work successfully under pressure, problem-solve, and to handle competing priorities with minimal supervision in an organized, thoughtful manner
- Possesses a positive attitude while delivering high quality service with compassion and patience
- Ability to embrace and maintain confidentiality with a high standard of professionalism and integrity
- High proficiency with G suite and comfort with Microsoft Office, Adobe Sign, and other Database applications; ability to learn new technology with ease
- Expertise with Zoom to the level of being able to properly troubleshoot technological issues on either PC or Mac; Ipad and familiarity with other tablets a plus
- Experience leading groups on Zoom using advanced features such as breakout rooms, share screen, etc.
- Proficient in social media including Facebook, Instagram, Meetup, and others
- Ability to work up to two evenings per month and weekends periodically
- Bi-lingual in English and any other language
- Experience developing and/or leading group trainings
- Success in helping to grow other programs
- Experience as a Kara volunteer or similar program requiring understanding of grief support structures
- Non-profit / Social Services / Health Care experience
Cover Letter must be submitted for consideration.
Through a time-tested and highly effective peer support model (adopted from the Shanti Model), over 200 Kara volunteers supervised by a high quality staff, help grieving adults and children understand what they are experiencing and to cope in healthy ways. Kara provides a space where those in grief find deep relief in the company of others who understand. Our services are designed to be accessible (peer services are provided free of charge) and we are funded primarily by charitable donations and the generosity of the community we serve.
Kara is committed to the principle of diversity and inclusion and maintains no affiliations with any religious or government-based organizations.
Why Work Here?Serving the San Francisco Bay Area since 1976, Kara provides comprehensive grief support, crisis response and education to individuals and communities facing the difficult realities of death and dying. Serving more than 6,000 individuals in 2019, Kara provides a wide breadth of grief support and education services to the community including: individual and group peer support; in-house psychotherapy; on-site crisis response following a death; bereavement education and training services; Camp Kara, a bereavement camp for children 6-17 years old; and community events. Through a time-tested and highly effective peer support model (adopted from the Shanti Model), over 200 Kara volunteers supervised by a high quality staff, help grieving adults and children understand what they are experiencing and to cope in healthy ways. Kara provides a space where those in grief find deep relief in the company of others who understand. Our services are designed to be accessible (peer services are provided free of charge) and we are funded primarily by charitable donations and the generosity of the community we serve. Kara is committed to the principle of diversity and inclusion and maintains no affiliations with any religious or government-based organizations.
Our staff and volunteers are guided by the principle of listening, speaking, and acting from the heart in service to others.
Palo Alto, CA