Palliative Clinical Liaison
The Palliative Clinical Liaison is responsible for generating new palliative referrals and for the overall development and maintenance of working relationships with all health care providers assigned to them and/or within a specific territory. This includes generating new referrals, providing clinical consultation to referral sources in regards to palliative services, provide explanation of benefits (EOB’s) to patients and families and be the clinical business development lead in your territory. The expectation is to provide exceptional customer service to referral sources, increase overall awareness of Kara Health’s services to post-acute community and grow your territory. When appropriate make referrals to Hospice or Home Health.
- Must be a natural multi-tasker, willing to juggle multiple patient referrals simultaneously while still delivering good customer service to accounts and internal staff.
- Must generate a targeted number of palliative admissions weekly through direct and/or indirect customer service.
- Identifies and develops clinical and non-clinical relationships with case managers, social workers, referral coordinators, physicians and others in a position to increase palliative referrals to Kara Health.
- Conduct all hospice explanation of benefits (EOB’s) with patients and or designated DPOA in territory
- Responsible for scheduling educational inservices with physicians offices, assisted living facilities and other referral sources that would benefit from a more clinical explanation of home health and hospice services. The goal is to position VNA as the expert in our field in territory.
- For all hospital referrals, meets with case managers/social workers, patient and family timely to explain Kara Health/VNA palliative and hospice services and to coordinate safe and timely discharge home.
- Follows hospitalized patients and stay in contact with referral source to ensure they return to Kara Health/VNA at discharge.
- Provides follow-up on referrals received and not admitted until the patient is no longer considered a potential patient.
- Develops collaborative working relationships with VNA branch management and staff to ensure a coordinated approach to developing positive relationships with referral sources.
- Completes and submits all required documentation and paperwork on a timely basis.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions as required.
- Performs other functions as directed by the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Reports to Director of Business Development
- Current California clinical state license (LVN/RN)
- Minimum two years of experience in similar role in acute or post-acute space.
- Previous Home health, palliative care or hospice, healthcare marketing, case management, or discharge planning experience preferred.
Essential Job-Related Functions
1. Squatting 7. Hearing
2. Driving 8. Speaking
3. Sitting 9. Climbing Stairs
4. Bending 10. Pushing
5. Fine motor skills 11. Pulling
6. Reading 12. Walking
It is estimated that this position requires 4 hours per day of sitting plus a combination of the above capabilities
during the course of an 8 hour day.
1. Clinical Skills 6. Written/Verbal Communication
2. Interpersonal Skills 7. Math
3. Critical Thinking 8. Multiple concurrent tasks
4. Reasoning 9. Decision-making skills
5. Confidentiality 10. Analysis
Tablet / iPad
Why Work Here?At Kara Health, our mission is to provide excellent patient care, a great patient experience, and to be invaluable assets to our partners in healthcare. Founded in 2017, Kara Health is a technology and healthcare services startup. We partner with health plans, health systems, physician organizations, and other ecosystem providers looking to better control the quality, experience, and cost for the sickest and most expensive populations of patients. With our breakthrough proprietary technology that augments patient care delivery in a population health model, we have been able to achieve massive scale, cost-savings for our partners, and greatly enhanced overall experience for patients and their families.
Join a start-up to disrupt the rising costs in healthcare, by serving a critical population to make society a better place