We are passionate about helping people reach their destination in the most comfortable, efficient, stylish and sustainable ways possible, and believe it’s equally as important to create great lives for our team members and their families.
Who is Kaptyn?
Since 2016 we’ve been on a mission to make transportation more efficient, enjoyable and accessible. We started by creating an innovative software suite to help transportation companies manage their operations. It was a good start, but we knew that we could have a bigger impact. So, in 2019 we decided to purchase two of the best fleet operations in America and combine them into a force for change. In 2020 we will unveil the future of transportation and are looking for passionate team members to join us to advance our mission. Our commitment to creating a better experience in a better way is fueled by a belief that the transportation industry needs to focus less on eliminating drivers and more on empowering them. We are also dedicated to making every ride as sustainable and enjoyable as possible, while being a model for other companies to emulate.
What are We Looking For?
We have big plans, but changing the world isn’t easy. We believe that having the best team in the world is the key to our success. Think you're up for the challenge? If so, we'd love to hear from you! Kaptyn is seeking enthusiastic team members to provide corporate support to our fleet of traditional taxis, limousines, shuttles and new eco-friendly vehicles. You’ll enjoy training along with competitive pay and benefits as a Kaptyn employee.Who you need you to be:
The Project Manager is a product owner and is responsible for planning and managing projects, execution, and delivering world-class solutions. This position ensures that best practices are followed, goals are met, and projects and related operations are conducted effectively. The Project Manager provides leadership and motivation to dream big, make an impact, ensure team execution and to sustain a culture of success.What we need you to do:
- Adheres to and ensures that all projects follow standard Agile SDLC and Project Management Institute standards, including PMO playbook, status reports, risks, and issues
- Works with Stakeholders and defines business need and requirements, define Product scope, product roadmap priorities, project plans, budgets and ensures that projects exceed stakeholder expectations
- Leads teams to ensure on-time, on-budget and predictable project execution and quality. Identifies issues affecting work progress, raises them to project stakeholders using appropriate channels, and recommends solutions.
- Responsible for ongoing communication regarding project status updates, overall progress towards goals and appropriate alerts to relevant stakeholders
- Prioritizes project risks and develops mitigation plans
- Responsible for Stakeholder management and priorities for the development team to deliver value
- Manages the Product and Sprint backlogs and Sprint Planning
- Responsible for Release management
- Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort being managed
- Perform other related duties as required
- BS in Business Administration, Information Systems or equivalent experience required. MBA preferred
- 6+ years of experience leading operations, staff and projects
- PMP and CSM or PMI-ACP certification preferred
- Experience in working with processes, controls, and metrics in a Project Management Office (PMO)
- Experience managing multiple enterprise-level, large, complex projects is required
- Demonstrable commitment to Agile and SCRUM Methodologies and practices
- Strong experience within a SaaS software company with exceptional design and usability is highly desired
- Demonstrated commitment to quality, continuous improvement and culture by demonstrating emotionally intelligent leadership qualities
- Prior experience with Behavior Driven Development and Agile software development
- Strong experience with application technology and functional design
- Understands and able to contribute with technology aspects of platform architecture, common integration approaches, security, data relationships, and interface capabilities
- Experience with complex structure involving corporate level relationships, multi-divisions / business units and matrix reporting
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent client relationship management skills including influencing and forming relationships with a wide range of partners/senior management
- Experience managing PPM systems such as Clarizen and MS Project Server
- Excellent team player with skills to effectively communicate with a diverse team
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent ability to handle conflict, difficult situations, and urgent issues in a professional manner
- Self-starter with a sense of extreme ownership and displays a commitment to quality and teamwork
- This role will sit for extended periods of time.
- Must have ability to use hands and fingers for use of computer and office equipment.
- Must have the ability to communicate verbally with other team members and clients.
What can we offer?
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid leave
- Being part of a bigger mission and improving the experiences and lives of others
Kaptyn is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. All employment decisions will be based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Kaptyn prohibits discrimination and harassment.