The Utility/Energy Field Energy Educator will provide residential energy assessments for pre-qualified utility customers. Energy assessments will include walk through educational discussions with the customer about their energy use and tips for reducing energy consumption. In addition, the EE will install energy savings products such as LED bulbs, based on customer needs. The assessment and direct installation of products will be conducted with the goal of increasing customer satisfaction with the utility client.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that established daily performance goals are met through onsite visits and installation of energy saving measures including thermostats, often in a fast-paced environment.
- Work independently to conduct energy assessments. This includes travel to the homes, meeting with the customer, completing paperwork, and using a handheld tablet to input energy saving measures accurately, recommendations and interface with multiple databases and outlook interfaces.
- Be able to recommend other utility programs for the customer to participate in.
- Ensure that client brand is accurately displayed via a uniform, print collateral, table displays, etc.
- Strive for 100% customer satisfaction
- Advise internal teams on any relevant program concerns and recommend changes to current procedures based on field interactions and customer feedback
- Performs related work as required
- Related training in maintenance, weatherization and/or energy efficiency principals and techniques preferred.
- Customer service experience desired
- Ability to learn and work with new technology (e.g. handheld data devices, Office Suite)
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals
- Ability to prioritize activities and meet established goals and deadlines
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and handle a variety of activities concurrently
- Ability to travel locally
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills
- Problem-solver with ability to respond to a diverse set of challenges in the field and do whatever it takes to meet project deliverables on schedule while providing excellent customer service
- Current Michigan driver’s license and good driving record
Kapstone Employment ServicesWe are a certified women and minority owned Detroit-based company providing employment solutions for our communities. Specializing in recruitment for engineering, IT, finance and accounting and human resources professionals . We're in the relationship building business, establishing and maintaining relationships with our candidates and clients. We're here to serve you.