Kitchen Manager/Chef overseeing the kitchen culinary team, with training, menu planning-development, systematize food inventory, and labor costs. Managing with integrity, and knowledge to promote the culture and philosophy of our mission. Maintaining a standard for the guest experience, cleanliness, and homemade food quality.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to the below:
● Train and maintain kitchen personnel with cleanliness, sanitation and safety standards in the kitchen areas
● Maintain appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, food storage areas, and outside parameters.
● Manage and coordinate food orders with the assistance of the kitchen and restaurant managers.
● Work with General Manager ordering food supplies/kitchen equipment, as needed.
● Supervise kitchen staff with food prep, cooking, and meet company standards in food quality, food safety, and cleanliness.
● Work with restaurant managers to plan, price menu items, portion sizes, and preparing standardized recipes for all new menu items.
● Schedule labor as required, anticipate business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
● Store food products in compliance with safety practices City/State regulations (e.g. in refrigerators, walk-in cooler, and dry storage areas)
● Responsible for bi-weekly inventory and food purchasing reporting.
● Assist with developing restaurant preventative maintenance programs.
● Ensure that all equipment is kept clean, and in excellent working condition through personal inspection
● Assist with employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and disciplining kitchen personnel
REQUIREMENTS TO BE CONSIDERED:
● Serv-Safe Managers Certification
● Flexibility to work during evenings and weekends
● Knowledgeable OF restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules, and procedures
● Able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel, and guests.
● Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in varied kitchen positions including food preparation, line cook, fry cook, and expediter.
● Ability to manage a team in a fast-paced work environment.
● Certification from a culinary school or degree in Restaurant Management is a plus!
● Knowledge of computer systems and restaurant POS systems.
● Must look and act professionally (Leadership role model)
● Must understand the financial statements.
● Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time, reaching, bending, stooping, and lift up to 20+ pounds.
● Involved with contributing information at team meetings.
Kappy's American Grill
Why Work Here?Family owned American Style Restaurant
Fast paced environment w/an established family ownership since 1979...we're stable. Open to new ideas and report directly to the owner...
Morton Grove, IL