Order Placement Agent
Kaplan Early Learning Company Winston-Salem, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
Welcome! For over 40 years, Kaplan Early Learning Company, has been a leading provider of educational products and services that enhance children's learning in the birth through elementary market.
We bring to market innovative curricula, cutting edge assessments, teacher resource materials, classroom products and valuable professional development opportunities to early childhood and elementary school educators, caregivers and parents around the world.
When you join our organization, you'll be part of a dynamic team. It's often said when you join the Kaplan team you never want to leave - so prepare yourself to partner with a passionate staff who celebrates an average tenure of 15 plus years!
About the Position
Our Order Placement Agents contribute to the overall success of the company and support business operations by ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of customer's orders keyed into the system. Order Placement Agents also support company sales growth initiatives by assisting customers with placement of orders while ensuring optimal service and customer satisfaction and utilizing cross-sell and up-sell strategies.
Job Hours: 9:00am - 6:00pm Monday - Friday (overtime as needed)
Position Responsibilities include:
- Accountable for optimal service to customers by ensuring order placement satisfaction while answering a minimum of 45 calls per day and maintaining a 3% abandonment rate.
- Enter orders placed with Kaplan via telephone, mail, fax, web, and Sales Rep into the system. Accountable for the timeliness and accuracy of work and responsible for entering a minimum of 330 lines, with a minimum accuracy rate of 98%.
- Perform simple editing on all orders while entering to ensure the accuracy of customer information.
- Review order(s) for special instruction, incorrect catalog item information, etc. utilizing Kaplan catalogs and website, as needed, to ensure accuracy.
- Contact customers, as necessary, regarding backorders, no longer available items, sizes, colors, price increases, etc.
- Maximize company profits by generating sales through cross-selling and up-selling techniques.
- Call customers, as needed, to verify information and assist internal/external customers with questions regarding order receipt and information
- Cross train with Customer Verification Team to ensure workflow maximums are maintained and overall goals are met.
Position Requirements include:
- High school diploma or equivalent with minimum of 1 year clerical experience including demonstrated proficiency with 10-key data entry skills.
- Minimum 1 year inbound call center experience or experience with high call volume required with sales experience preferred.
- Must be customer service oriented with effective communication skills, must be detail-oriented with ability to work independently or collaboratively in a team environment with multiple interruptions.
- Requires computer literacy in a windows environment, Peoplesoft experience not required but a plus.
- Kaplan product knowledge not required but a plus.
- Exhibit high degree of accuracy in work.
- Computer literate in Windows environment with accurate 10-key skills and above average speed.
- Must have ability to learn catalogs and products to provide optimal service and support sales initiatives.
Please include your salary requirement.
Kaplan Early Learning Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace differences, welcome diversity and value a culture of respect.
Kaplan Early Learning Company
BusinessView all jobs at Kaplan Early Learning Company