Computer Service Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We now have a position open for a full-time Service Manager. The primary responsibilities will be to conduct risk management for unique service check-ins, Part sourcing, Training/Hiring/Etc. Service Dept., handling any service issues, Setting expectations for the clients, creating/enforcing rules that protect both the clients and Kaplan Computers, insuring department remains profitable, coming up with plans adding new services/pricing as technology changes, Answer Client emails/phone calls, daily assessment of employee workflow (20-60+ tickets average), Creating/Renewing/maintaining Vendor/Company relations, minimizing employee downtime, occasional building maintenance (running of cables, changing light bulbs, etc), Department promotions, conducting service informational videos for YouTube, Facebook and other social media, maintaining store servers/DVR/Cameras/etc, updating software on the server (Renewing software licensing when needed), finding new software to utilize, Acquiring/Maintaining sufficient physical tools for the department, Creating purchase orders, Working on service tickets, Weekly reporting to accounting, and other duties as needed.
• This position is paid $18hr with commission
• It is a 37.5 hour per week position with no limit to potential income for a motivated candidate
• Excellent store hours (10-6 Mon-Fri, 10-4 Saturday, Closed Sunday)
• Paid PTO days (After 1 year of employment)
• Paid holidays (After 90 days of employment)
• 401k plan available (After 1 year of employment)
Applicants MUST be reliable, friendly, comfortable talking with customers and would preferably have at least 1 year of retail sales experience. Computer knowledge or background is essential.
Applicant MUST have a good grasp of computer terminology and be able to communicate to clients who do not.
• 5 Years of Verifiable Retail Sales Management Experience (Not Self Employed)
• 3 Years of Verifiable Computer Service Supervisor Experience (Not Self Employed)
• 5 Years of Verifiable Professional Computer Repair (Not Self Employed)
• Comfortable working in a commission environment
•Must be able to pass a background and reference check.
• Must be a team player
• Computer knowledge or background is essential
• Friendly and energetic attitude
• Must enjoy working with people and be able to communicate well
As a family owned company we understand the importance of the work/life balance and working in a positive caring team-focused environment.
Kaplan ComputersWhy Work Here?
As a small company we understand the importance of the work/life balance and working in a positive caring team-focused environment.
Since 1991 Kaplan Computers of Manchester has been the areas top provider of computer servicing and one of the largest retailers of new and used computer equipment in the state. As a family owned company we understand the importance of the work/life balance and working in a positive caring team-focused environment.
61 Tolland TurnpikeManchester, CT
BusinessView all jobs at Kaplan Computers