Research Coordinator - Audiology
Kapili Services, LLC Bethesda, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is looking for a qualified Research Coordinator to support our contract with IPCAM Hearing Research in Bethseda, MD.
The Research Coordinator will design, develop, and write research protocols, manage Institutional Review Board and Public Health Review Board submissions and approvals, recruit subjects for studies, and lead the planning/execution of research protocols. Provide support to senior research staff in coordinating research study protocols and ensuring protocol compliance (DoD and Federal regulations).
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- assist in literature reviews and protocol development,
- oversee participant recruitment and consent,
- perform data entry for research projects in a timely and efficient manner as well as maintain clear and accurate records, inventories, and logbooks,
- assist in complex, non-standard tests and data collection procedures, and
- ensure adherence to legal, professional, and ethical codes with respect to patient confidentiality and privacy (HIPAA/PHI/PII).
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Possess at least two years of related experience in a research/regulated laboratory.
- Experience with IRB submissions.
- Ability to conduct administrative tasks, adhere to DoD and Federal regulatory guidelines, and to carry out research study procedures in a military operational research setting.
- Possess excellent critical thinking with problem-solving skills, the ability to work cooperatively in a team setting, show flexibility in responding to changing demands, timeline, and priorities, and the ability to effectively communicate the results of work to clinical, military and academic communities.
- Possess good communication and analytical skills, and the ability to meet project deadlines. Experience with technical documentation.
- Knowledge of record-keeping practices and human subject confidentiality as well as medical terminology to include by not limited to Audiology and Speech Language Pathology.
- Shall be able to read, write, speak and understand English well enough to effectively communicate with all patients and other health care providers.
- Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
- Experience managing clinical trials, desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in speech and hearing sciences, brain and cognitive sciences, audiology, engineering, or related field from an accredited college or university, required.
CITIZENSHIP/SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A Tier I background investigation will be required. Must be a U.S. citizen.
Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays. Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, and Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kīkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit www.alakainafoundation.com
Kapili Services, LLC
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, and Kapili Services. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.