The Alaka'ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) has an immediate need for an Information Technology Active Directory (AD) Manager to provide Information Technology (IT) support services to a customer in Honolulu, HI. Personnel will conduct Defense Cyber Operations – Internal Defense Measures (DCO-IDM) to defend against unauthorized activity on supported networks. Support will be onsite.
- Remedy Usage: Use the Remedy Trouble Ticketing system for action support requests to report issues or resolve assigned trouble tickets. Requests will be received in the form of trouble tickets through Remedy, or from the customer. Report security events using Remedy within 15 minutes of detection or notification. If the Remedy server is down, trouble tickets will be submitted manually and telephonically to accommodate customer requirements. The Contractor shall enter manual or telephonic requests into Remedy once system problems are addressed or resolved.
- Trouble Ticket Prioritization: Ensure work begins on all trouble tickets within the established timelines for critical, urgent, and routine tickets.
- Trouble Ticket Actions: Respond to the trouble ticket by initiating corrective action, providing follow up on corrective actions, and closing out a trouble ticket by entering the required information. The Contractor shall ensure proper, correct and complete record entries are reported on all assigned trouble tickets.
- Trouble Ticket Follow-up: Follow up with the initiator of the work ticket until the work ticket is satisfactorily completed or closed.
- Enterprise Backups:
- a. Install, operate, and maintain a Government-provided enterprise backup system for DoDIN Army Pacific hardware such as servers and user computers managed by the RCC-P.
- b. Devise a backup routine and sequence to ensure availability and integrity of backup data if necessary for data restoration or recovery to include a backup strategy for flag officer staff and distinguished visitors.
- c. File Retention - Devise an archive (library) routine to satisfy retention, preservation and recovery requirements based on the Army Electronic Archive (AEA) module of the Army Records Information Management System (ARIMS) to provide large-scale, secure storage for the RCC-P’s important email and other electronic data.
- Computing Services.
- a. Operate and manage the Army Pacific portion of the DoDIN Active Directory (AD) Infrastructure.
- b. Ensure the system is secure and operational 99.9 percent of the time
- c. Provide IT support after core hours, seven days a week.
- IT Components: Perform fault management, preventive maintenance, and backup and recovery for IT components.
- Active Directory (AD): The Army Pacific (AP) Active Directory Forest is comprised of approximately 48 domain controllers (DC) ( (NIPR/SIPR/Coalition). The Contractor shall:
- a. Operate, manage and defend the classified and unclassified active directory forest. Ensure the AP forest is secure and operational 99.9 percent of the time
- b. Provide AD service support for DODIN-A PACIFIC.
- c. Provide AD situational awareness to RCC-P Director, Deputy Director, and Team Lead.
- d. AD Degradation or interruptions
- e. Provide Army Pacific portion of the DoDIN-A users and other customers with information regarding AD service degradation or interruptions.
- f. Maintain AD domain controllers and other NETCOM managed AD CIs; update all CI as required to meet minimum security baseline requirements.
- g. Continuously monitor the Active Directory Domain in order to detect malfunction, intrusion attempts, and anomalies.
- h. Continuously monitor and manage restoration activities.
- i. Design and manage directory synchronizations with other systems.
- j. Synchronize Director Services - Create utilities and scripts to synchronize directory services. Ensure information integrity. Add user functionality. Coordinate actions with other organizations.
- k. Provide Active Directory administration at the area processing center (APC).
- l. Provide Microsoft Active Directory OU administration.
- m. Operate and maintain global directory.
- n. Support Forest Management for Active Directory.
- Internal Services: Manage, monitor, and secure all internal systems at the RCC-P work center, and the IT assets it manages in the Army Pacific portion of the DoDIN-A architecture, by using the tools.Support IT servers within the RCC-P. This support includes hardware and software installation, Common Office Environment configurations, troubleshooting, scanning, patching, and backup and restoration of servers. Complete 99.9 percent of Government requests by the established deadline of the request for server support, and shall ensure 99.9 percent of backups of data are accomplished within the established timeframe. Provide support on an on-call basis after core hours, seven days a week, and shall:
- a. Perform hardware upgrades, software upgrades, apply security patches and apply recommended operating system (OS) patches, test and install desktop software, add user accounts, remove user accounts, provide system performance tuning, and perform backups and restores.
- b. Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve IT server and workstation-related trouble tickets.
- c. Manage AD user accounts for NIPRNET and SIPRNET and CENTRIXS servers, systems, and Installation Support Module (ISM) applications
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge and minimum 2 years of experience in the management of an Enterprise Level AD infrastructure, Microsoft Operating Systems, AD Organizational Unit administration, and AD principles and methods, site and domain relationship, data replication and organizational units to administer security policies, delegation of authority and management of operating system objects.
- Knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP network architecture and implementation; understand the fundamentals of network protocols, architecture and management.
- Knowledge and understanding of the associated IA principles and framework applied to ensure information assurance and security of those services.
- Enterprise System Administration experience on Microsoft Windows platform; an understanding of a wide array of server grade applications to include Lotus Notes, Windows DNS, IIS, Apache, SharePoint, SAN/NAS, SCCM/SCOM, VM, Patch Management, and LDAP.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, preferred.
- Must meet IAT III minimum requirements per DoD 8570.01-M.
- CISSP, CASP, CE, CCNP Security, CISA, GCED, or GCIH
- Must have a MCSE: Server Infrastructure computing environment certification (Must obtain within 6 months of hire date)
- Must be able to complete the Government’s current Vulnerability Management System (VMS) Computer Based Training (CBT) within 4 weeks of work start.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must have a Secret clearance.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms who are designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-Owned and fall into the respective categories of standard Small Business, 8(a) certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), and HUBZone. The FOCs includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, Kāpili Services, and Po`okela Solutions. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information on The Alaka’ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs), please visit www.alakainafoundation.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.