Aerobiology Research Technician
Kapili Services, LLC Frederick, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is looking for a qualified Aerobiology Research Technician to support our contract with USAMRIID.
Description of Responsibilities
- - Provide laboratory support by performing aerosol exposures and animal research protocols as directed by Aerobiology Leadership.
- - Execute scientific studies, analyze data, and maintain laboratory space and equipment.
- - Generate, characterize and sample biological aerosols to support pathogenesis and medical countermeasure studies against biothreat agents. This shall include animal plethysmography, aerosol supervision and assisting, assaying, and decontaminations; attendance is required at scheduled trainings provided by qualified division staff.
- - Investigate independently, and in collaboration with others, events during the phases of infection in representative laboratory animals prior to and following agent exposure. Support all technical aspects of animal protocols.
- - Perform assays to include viral and bacterial stock characterization, plating assays, ELISA, RT-PCR, microarray, and cytokine analysis as required by approved in vivo and in vitro protocols.
- - Perform clinical pathology evaluation to include hematology and clinical chemistry analysis in support of approved animal protocols.
- - Maintain laboratory space and equipment. Record and document all equipment maintenance IAW USAMRIID SOPs and in compliance with GLP standards.
- - Assist with SOP writing, revision and review to meet GLP requirements and assist in the generation of SOP risk assessments.
- - Coordinate and collaborate with Aerobiology leadership and personnel to assist in the development and implementation of a division technical training program.
- - Assist in preparing responses to well-documented and GLP audits.
- - Ensure weekly/monthly equipment and safety requirements are completed and documented IAW all applicable regulations and USAMRIID SOPs.
- - Hold and maintain BPRP status IAW the provisions in this contract and applicable regulations.
Bachelors Degree in biology discipline
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience with infectious agent aerosol exposure systems
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining laboratory equipment (user level)
- Experience working with in vivo and in vitro animal models
- Ability to meet BPRP program requirements
- BSL 2/3 experience
- Willingness to work in BSL 4
- Working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Federal Drug Administration (FDA) regulations
- Proficiency in basic MS Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3-4 years’ experience in a laboratory/research setting
- BSL 3-4 experience
Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays. Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, and Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kīkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit www.alakainafoundation.com
Kapili Services, LLC
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, and Kapili Services. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.