- Posted: over a month ago
Kansas Turnpike Authority $1,500 Sign-on Bonus: available to new full-time employees who meet the eligibility requirements
Definition and Examples of Work
- Respond to requests related to security issues and questions.
- Support intrusion detection and intrusion prevention systems to identify vulnerabilities, attack patterns, and signatures for the detection and prevention of service intrusions, interruptions, and/or denial of service incidents.
- Design and maintain security documentation and standard operating procedures.
- Coordinate and support information security policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines.
- Provide support for the business continuity and disaster recovery planning, development, and testing processes.
- Perform security audits and produce results for IT support staff and upper-level management.
- Proactively identify and address security issues that threaten authority assets.
- Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks.
- Validate system security requirements, definition, and analysis.
- Implement security designs in hardware, software, data, and procedures.
Latitude and Impact of Position
This position works daily to obtain and research information, provide input, and problem solve as part of a team. Most work projects are assigned, then the employee arranges his/her work tasks for completion within established timeframes. Decision making and problem solving is usually done in conjunction with more experienced professionals or manager. All purchase requests require supervisory approval. Successful completion of job tasks impacts internal systems, processes and procedures, internal customer satisfaction, and external relationships.
The work environment described here is representative of the general work environment for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily works in a general office environment using computers, electronic devices, phones, and related office equipment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving security issues related to network devices, servers, and PCs.
- Proficiency in network scanning, vulnerability assessment, and network penetration testing tools.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- A minimum of two years of experience in the configuration and support of intrusion detection and intrusion prevention systems.
- Ability to communicate technical language to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to use standard office equipment including phones.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communications and customer service skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and expand skills Experience and working knowledge of information security best practices.
- Experience working with comprehensive security tools.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in information security, management information systems or comparable work experience developing web applications.
Required Education and Experience
- Associates degree in information security, management information systems or comparable work experience developing web applications.
Certification, License, Registration
- Certification as an information systems security professional/auditor/manager from an accredited certification organization, such as ISC2, ISACA or SANS a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit (or stand) for long periods of time while visualizing a computer screen (continuous)
- Must be able to speak with and hear others (frequent)
- Uses hands to touch, handle, feel, grip, grasp, pinch, or squeeze (frequent)
- Must be able to see up close and identify and distinguish colors and/or shapes (continuous)
- Must be able to adjust focus, use peripheral vision (frequently)
- Occasionally uses depth perception and must see at a distance.
- Must occasionally distinguish between sound tones.
- Must lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Occasional hours beyond normal business hours may be required to meet deadlines.
Kansas Turnpike Authority
Real EstateView all jobs at Kansas Turnpike Authority
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?