Chief Operating Officer
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Job Summary: Reporting to the President of Business Operations and a key member of the executive team, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will be involved in setting, driving and delivering on the Club’s overall growth strategy to ensure the Club’s success and impact. Along with the leadership of a multidisciplinary team and delivery of certain core functions, the COO will play a key role in supporting the Club in its efforts to further its cultural and business transformation. The successful candidate is expected to oversee the leadership for the following departments:
- Information Technology
- Authentics Retail
- Aramark Food, Beverage & Retail Relationship
- Ticket Operations
- Ballpark Operations
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures for multidisciplinary departments across the Club in support of all aspects of the Club, internal and external.
- Working with direct reports to develop, implement and track KPIs for the applicable departments.
- Measure and report on operational performance and develop plans to improve relevant key performance indicators that include success in delivering outstanding experiences for our fans in their attendance at Kansas City Royals home baseball games.
- Provide strategic leadership to ensure effective delivery of operations and efficient administration in support of the Club’s objectives.
- Assess and lead the continuous improvement of all internal processes, systems, tools, and technology to meet the demands of the Club.
- Works with departmental leadership to develop budgets that support the business plan.
- Ensure that the organization is operating with a sound financial plan and with processes, disciplines, and timely reporting that will support the stability, sustainability and future growth of the organization.
- Support the development, execution and monitoring of the strategic plan.
- Work with department leadership to analyze and develop talent across departments.
Position Qualifications, Skills, and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business or related field from a reputable University or College is required
- Minimum of 8-10 years of senior management/operations experience in sport or entertainment business
- 15+ years of progressive experience, including a minimum of ten years of proven leadership
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Proven ability to act as a senior partner and advisor by demonstrating outstanding communications, management, financial analysis, and leadership skills
- Proven leader that can motivate, manage, and maximize capacity of a team
- Understanding of advanced business planning, data analysis and performance metrics
- Ability to lift items weighing as much as 15 pounds
- Must be comfortable walking to navigate the facility to access the office, concourse, etc.
- Must be able to work in a seated position during the workday
- Must be able to be productive utilizing a computer keyboard and telephone
- Must be able to be productive in a work environment where the noise level can be high at times
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time; walk; use hands, handle, or feel.
This role is a Full-Time, Exempt opportunity that is eligible for Company Benefits, 401K, and PTO.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, the Kansas City Royals will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, the Club also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions please inquire with Human Resources by email at email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Kansas City Royals Baseball Club LLCKansas City, MO
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.