Network Engineer II
- Posted: 4 days ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
1. B.S. or B.A. degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
2. At least 4 years of experience in network or systems engineering
3. Knowledge of required languages and tools that will allow them to provide technical guidance and support to all IT personnel. This includes Windows and Linux operating system, Windows server administration, VMWare, CISCO (networking and telecommunications)
4. Knowledge of the operating environment with the ability to implement modifications to the Operating System and/or support software is required
5. General working knowledge of insurance terms and concepts with detailed knowledge of specific business functions
6. Broad knowledge of application architecture, standards and procedures would be required
7. Experience with enterprise back up and recovery systems and methodology.
1. Assure ongoing system performance by monitoring current utilization of resources and evaluating current and future system needs, and recommending appropriate changes.
2. Assist with the management and monitoring of system capacity and report to management issues or significant findings.
3. Maintain a high degree of availability of data and processing & telecommunications resources to authorized users by assuring proper security measures that would limit access to unauthorized users.
4. Contribute to the efficient operation of the division, department and company through the installation and maintenance of systems software and resolution of problems in a timely and efficient manner.
5. Assist in the development of interfaces between multiple operating systems and multiple application systems.
6. Aid in the resolution of system level (hardware/software specific) problems.
7. Develop and improve level of expertise by keeping abreast of new systems and technologies that could benefit the department and/or company, and utilize this knowledge by providing the highest level of problem solving within the IT department.
Kansas City Life Insurance Company is committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.
Regular and reliable attendance and punctuality is an essential function of this position.
Kansas City Life InsuranceWhy Work Here?
Stable company with great benefits, competitive salaries, and room for growth centrally located in a historic headquarters building.
Kansas City Life Insurance Company was established in 1895 in Kansas City, Missouri. Our Agency force of more than 2,500 agents serves 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Europe. We insure more than half a million policyholders from coast to coast. Our Home Office is located in Kansas City, Mo., and we also have an office in Columbus, Ohio, with a total staff of nearly 500 associates who provide support for our field force and policyholders.
3520 BroadwayKansas City, MO