Universal Banker - North Oak Branch
- Posted: 13 days ago
Who We Are Looking For:
- Are you professional?
- Love to have fun at work?
- Have a great positive attitude?
- Are you Punctual?
- Are you Reliable?
- Are you Responsible to work with minimal supervision?
If you answered YES to all of these questions, we need you on our team at Kansas City Credit Union!
The primary function of the Universal Banker position is to offer excellent member service in every interaction with current and potential members, vendors, and all team members. The Universal Banker is responsible for building and strengthening relationships with Kansas City Credit Union members and potential members through the accurate and efficient processing of routine teller transactions (cashing checks, accepting deposits and withdrawals, etc.) while also advising members and potential members of our products and services. This role will open, maintain, and cross-sell all products and services offered by Kansas City Credit Union.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Greet and assist members and potential members
- Accurately process cash & check transactions including deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, and share drafts
- Process corporate checks and money orders
- Process cash advances
- Process the purchase of gift and travel cards
- Balance cash drawer and checks
- Always ensure the security of cash and negotiable instruments (money orders/cashier checks
- Cross-sell credit union financial counseling services to achieve established goals and objectives
- Greet and assist members and potential members in the lobby, email, and via the telephone
- Open new memberships and/or accounts
- Assist with stop payments, disputes, check orders, travel notifications, payroll changes, and account reconciliations
- Effectively explain all deposit products and services
- Provide accurate information regarding credit union services, policies, and procedures
- Research and resolve member account concerns
- Process wire transfer requests
- Review conditions required for approval, obtain necessary documentation, and process all loan documents accurately and in a timely manner
- Identifies opportunities to protect member’s finances through the cross-sell of Credit Life/Disability Coverage, GAP Coverage, Extended Service Plans
- Comply with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and other compliance requests and requirements
Applicants should be team players with strong verbal and written communication skills. In addition, good problem solving, and analytical skills are needed to be successful in the role.
Other skills needed are as follows:
- Interpersonal skills: The ability to motivate or influence others is important to the job of Universal Banker. A significant level of diplomacy and trust as well as projecting a positive image as a representative of Kansas City Credit Union is required.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Able to adapt to and be proficient in the use of technology that is essential to the performance of the job function
Kansas City Credit Union
AddressKansas City, MO
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Kansas City Credit Union