SAFETY AND SECURITY OFFICER
The Kansas City Art Institute (KCAI), a national leader in visual arts and design education, is seeking applications for a full time position of Safety & Security Officers. This position is non-exempt with an hourly rate of $13.25 per hour. This position will work full-time (40hrs) with possible overtime. There is shift deferential for evenings and midnights.KCAI offers an exceptional benefits vacation and holiday package for full-time staff including 100% employer paid insurance, three weeks of vacation (prorated) and a 5% retirement match for eligible participants.
The KCAI Safety & Security team provides a safe and secure environment for the entire campus community - students, faculty, staff and visitors. The Officer positions are patrol positions tasked with providing basic personal, property and equipment security for all assets, including faculty, staff, students and visitors on or around the KCAI campus. These duties are accomplished by routine security and public safety patrol duties, escort services and other assistance as requested or needed
Qualified applicants must have:
- Excellent Communication skills - the ability to express oneself and confidently communicate well both orally and in writing to all members of the campus community (faculty, students and staff); skill in basic interviewing techniques; ability to resolve conflicts effectively;
- Basic knowledge of criminal law and traffic violations;
- Working knowledge to use basic safety & security equipment and willingness to successfully complete and maintain skill levels in all required training;
- Personal Leadership - integrity; tolerance; patience; demonstrated good judgment; ability to maintain strong organizational and interpersonal skills; must be pleasant, courteous and maintain a professional attitude and presence;
- Demonstrated computer experience with current equipment and programs (such as MS Office Suite; Word & Excel) and a working knowledge of Google products (G-mail, Google Docs, Calendar and Contacts.)
- HS diploma or GED is required.
- Safety & Security Officer/Guard experience preferred.
- Experience working in a collegiate environment a plus.
Email the following information and attachments in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
o Cover letter
o Preferred Shift
o List of 3 professional references we may contact
Kansas City Art Institute is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, gender identity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. KCAI provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in the job application process. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact the Human Resources Department about your interest in employment. Questions may be directed to the Office of Human Resources: email@example.com or by calling 816-802-3433.
KCAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets