Kansas Aviation Museum, Inc. Wichita, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of The Kansas Aviation Museum. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1) Board Governance: Works with board in to fulfill the organization mission.
• Responsible for leading Kansas Aviation Museum in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
• Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
• Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support the Kansas Aviation Museum’s mission.
• Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the Kansas Aviation Museum, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
• Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
• Responsible for implementation of the Kansas Aviation Museum’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
• Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the Kansas Aviation Museum can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
• Responsible for the enhancement of the Kansas Aviation Museum’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
• Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff. • Responsible effective administration of the Kansas Aviation Museums operations.
• Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Actual Job Responsibilities
• Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
• Supervise, collaborate with organization staff. • Strategic planning and implementation.
• Planning and operation of annual budget.
• Serve as the Kansas Aviation Museum’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
• Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the Kansas Aviation Museum’s Mission.
• Conduct promotional/historic tours.
• Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
• Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
• Conduct marketing research and analysis.
• Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
• Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
* Review and approve contracts for services.
• Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors. Professional Qualifications Needed
• A bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Transparent and high integrity leadership.
• Two or more years senior nonprofit management experience.
• Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
• High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers, and donors.
• Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
• Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
• A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
• Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
• Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
• Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
• Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong public speaking ability.
• Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
• Starting salary is Negotiable based on experience ($40K – $60K) + Plus bonus.
To apply for this Position Send Resume to: President of the Board, Kirk Short at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Kansas Aviation Museum
ATT: Barb Kramer (Interim Director)
3350 S. George Washington Blvd.
Wichita, KS 67210
Kansas Aviation Museum, Inc.Why Work Here?
A unique opportunity to work a historical aviation museum where history is brought to life.
3350 S. George Washington BlvdWichita, KS
EducationView all jobs at Kansas Aviation Museum, Inc.