Member Engagement Specialist
- Coordinate with Director of Member Engagement and all departments to improve member experiences and engagement efforts
- Assist with development and scheduling of workshop/seminars/events/services to provide high quality member experiences consistent with current needs and trends
- Coordinate and manage the planning/Logistics of Convention and association meetings
- Coordinate and assist with the execution of workshops/seminar/events/services including support in the areas of logistics for members and staff
- Collaborate with member engagement team to maintain and update the website and digital presence
- Improving member experiences and engagement through human interest story telling
- Coordination of digital media activity (e.g. social media, website, blogs, press releases, podcasts, webinars, apps and online meetings/learning opportunities)
- Coordinate with Director of Member Engagement to evaluate and follow up with members’ experiences
- Coordinate with Director of Member Engagement to maintain supportive business relationships to enhance services for members
- Support and participation in copywrite reviews of all publications
- Coordinate with Digital Media Specialist to produce and distribute KASB materials, both in print and digitally
- Collaborate and coordinate with Director of Member Engagement on member database, member portal, and registration processes
- Assist in advocacy area as necessary
- Edit, publish, and produce publications for all departments
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess a valid Kansas driver’s license with the ability to drive an automobile at all hours, travel on short notice and spend multiple days away from home including nights and weekends
- Ability to speak clearly and audibly, with or without electronic assistance, to varying sized groups expressing ideas in a logical and forthright manner
- Possess composition skills suitable for producing written communications for a variety of readers
- Ability to perform job responsibilities using appropriate hardware, software, and communication equipment
- Ability to utilize media editing software such as, but not limited to; Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, Audacity, InDesign or other necessary platforms
- Experience or formal training in digital media production or as a digital marketing manager
- Possess good organizational skills and flexibility
- Ability to respond to information requests in a courteous, timely and helpful manner
- Ability to manage job responsibilities while meeting established deadlines
- Ability to work constructively and cooperatively with others
- Ability, on occasion, to move and lift 60-80 pounds
- Ability to perform jobs while standing for a period
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- Most tasks performed by this position are performed at the Topeka office and vicinity
- Evening and weekend work will be expected occasionally
- Regular attendance and reporting to work on time is an essential requirement of employment.
Support a culture of collaboration and service.
Be a voice of public education.
Provide leadership for student success.
KASB is governed by a Board of Directors composed of school board members from throughout Kansas.
Kansas Association of School Boards
Why Work Here?KASB is a not-for-profit organization located in Topeka, Kansas and dedicated to serving members of governing boards for unified school districts, community colleges, area vocational-technical schools and cooperatives, interlocals and regional service centers. KASB will... Support a culture of collaboration and service. Be a voice of public education. Provide leadership for student success. KASB is governed by a Board of Directors composed of school board members from throughout Kansas. www.kasb.org
Positive culture, mission driven, play a vital role in the support of public education in Kansas! Great Benefits!