Drupal Tech Lead (Remote - US or CAN)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kanopi Studios is a Design, Development & Support Agency with a fully distributed team of people who are experts in Drupal & WordPress.
Our clients have a mission; we design, build and support websites that help their mission thrive.
But we want our employees to thrive as well. Because our team members do great work for great clients, Kanopi works hard to support them in their careers as they continue to create a better web.
As a result, our business continues to grow, and so must our team. We’re excited to announce this opportunity to join our team as a Drupal Tech Lead.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Drupal Tech Lead is responsible for:
As a Technical Lead you are able to visualize the project architecture and lead the technical team throughout execution. It is your overall responsibility to ensure technical development is on track. You will create user stories with level of effort estimates, work with clients directly, and manage developers by encouraging productivity, quality and accountability. You will focus your efforts to meet development schedules, stated estimates, technical specifications and design requirements. This position is fast-paced, deals with shifting priorities, and reports to Katherine White, Chief Technology Officer.
Your typical work week might include:
- Building and supporting a wide variety of Drupal sites.
- Talking directly with clients about their technical challenges and business needs and documenting their requirements.
- Working with UX, Design, and management team members to plan a project in the early phases.
- Owning the project team’s overall technical approach, defining project tasks and estimates, and being a point of continuity.
- Providing architectural vision that helps your developers guide their implementation decisions.
- Answering questions from and providing mentorship to others on your team.
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This is a full-time position. The salary range for this position is $98,100 - $141,300 - the range is broad, but it is commensurate with experience, aligned with current members of our team with similar experience, and may shift a bit depending on your geographic location. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in the US or Canada.
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
We are looking for candidates who…
- Have 5+ years of Drupal experience providing technical solutions and consulting.
- Have strong writing and architecture skills, with the ability to produce comprehensive user stories and technical specification documentation.
- Have experience managing and working with distributed project teams.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage an issue queue and stay ahead of the client.
- Have the ability to deal with a fast paced environment, multiple projects and work well under pressure.
- Possess strong problem solving abilities, intelligence, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Have an awareness of performance, configuration and development best practices.
- Experience with pattern libraries or similar tools, like Storybook.
- Possess PHP coding, SQL administration and optimization, and Unix/Linux server administration.
- Have a passion for the web, open source development, and working with a bunch of fun people with a great sense of humor.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
If you think this post was written just for you, here’s what to do next:
- Submit your resume.
- Send us a cover letter, including your answer to the question below.
Now… About that cover letter… This is VERY important!
Please include all of the typical reasons why you’d be an outstanding candidate for this position, plus answer this question: What is your favorite piece of technology?
Our screening process takes a bit of time, because we like to ensure that you are the perfect fit for us, and we are the perfect fit for you! After we’ve taken a look at your application, we will send you a series of questions that will help us get to know you better. From there, you will engage in several interviews with members of our team, and a skills assessment or two in order to take a look at how you do the things you do! Some candidates may even do a mini-project, depending on the role you are interviewing for. We’ll be happy to explain a bit more once we’re in the interview stage.
Please note - we try to make an effort to contact every applicant to let you know the status of your application, but we are human, so if you don’t hear from us, drop us a line!
We offer a comprehensive range of health, professional, remote workspace, and other fun benefits for all full time US and Canadian employees. For more information, see the benefits section of our careers page.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or overseas applicants.
Get fresh Studio Tech jobs daily straight to your inbox!