500 Million stand-alone division of a $3 Billion-dollar public firm. Well established manufacturing firm seeks an experienced Business Analyst to own responsibility for the success of their Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES). This is a key role, you will work collaboratively with business stakeholders and the IT team to insure alignment and advancement of successful delivery.
Responsible for translating the needs of customers and business partners into SAP functional requirements. Involved in all aspects of the requirements definition process including documentation of user interfaces and support systems. Acts as a liaison between application development and business units providing analytical support and consulting on complex projects to ensure system and business requirements are clearly documented and understood during the design and development of the application. Assists in quality assurance, defining the testing strategy and identifying risks. Develops test plans, participates in testing for unit and system validation and ensures test plans are completed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintains working relationships and communications with business partners and customers in assigned area(s) to participate in the gathering and fulfillment of information and system needs.
· Ensures that business objectives are translated and documented into functional requirements in such a way that the specifications are detailed, accurate and sufficient to be passed on to the applications development personnel for execution.
· Ensures compliance with corporate and IT policies, procedures, standards, and methodologies for assigned projects.
· Maintains familiarity with overall technical architecture and stays current with changes and advances in information technology, as well as the user environment.
· Participates in various aspects of applications development and support.
· Keeps all systems and process documentation current at all times.
· Maintains system testing procedures and test data sets to support efficient testing of system changes and new releases. Coordinates all such testing with power users.
· Contributes in the creation of detailed project plans and assists in the management and control of assigned projects and tasks.
· Identifies and analyzes problems, determines causes, evaluates alternative solutions and makes recommendations for action.
· Ensures overall functional reliability and maintainability of existing systems.
· Demonstrates leadership in system development methodology, policies, principles and standards.
· Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills (written & verbal) with both IT and business personnel.
· Demonstrates ability to deal with and manage conflict.
· Ability to work with business representatives and apply business expertise to ensure quality and accuracy in systems analysis and design.
· Ability to understand and leverage the IT and business vision and strategy to support solution definition
· Act as a liaison between business sector and the application development teams
· Ability to translate business and functional requirements into system deliverables using standard methodologies for requirements analysis.
· Recommend business processes and technical solutions to meet business requirements.
· This position will require limited travel (10%).
Preferred Applicable Applications Experience:
· A strong understanding of Manufacturing, MES, Shop Floor and related systems.
· Supporting production operations in manufacturing using systems.
· Use of a Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES). Working knowledge of the Software used in manufacturing processes including Production Planning, Inventory Management / Warehouse Management, Manufacturing Execution, Quality Management, and Materials Management.
· Bachelor's degree in IT or business preferred and/or 3 - 15 years of related systems experience in a manufacturing environment and business analyst experience including system requirements analysis, documentation, and user training. Master's Degree strongly preferred.
As a full service staffing firm, Kane Partners provides all services within staffing and HR services including: Permanent Placement, Retained, Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Temporary Staffing.
Kane Partners serves a range of industries, focusing on: Electronics, Telecommunications, Consumer Products, Manufacturing, Software Development, Networking, Pharmaceuticals, Semiconductor, Healthcare, Financial Services, and Government.