Chief Financial Officer
- Posted: over a month ago
The CFO is responsible for directing the financial functions of the corporation in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board and other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry.
Here at Kam-Way Transportation we know that it is our skilled and dedicated team that makes us successful. We offer an excellent compensation package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- 95% of Medical & Life premium paid upon eligibility
- Dental & other voluntary benefits
- PTO and holiday pay
PLEASE NOTE: This position is located at our corporate office in Blaine, WA (appx 2 hrs North of Seattle). This is NOT a remote opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you!!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's financial function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO/President, the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the corporation may enter.
- Responsible for debt management, including managing proposals and business plans, negotiating and reviewing loan documents, forecasting spending and providing decision support to management, and ensuring compliance of lender requirements.
- Evaluate and oversee risk management and insurance issues including negotiating annual insurance renewals.
- Oversee successful completion of annual audits, IRS filings, payroll reporting and other mandated reporting for multiple corporations, LLCs, and individual owners. Partner with and manage tax accountants in completing required IRS returns.
- Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar field preferred. Must have strong knowledge of accounting principles and relevant regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting, etc.).
- Strong alignment with our organizational mission and values including desire to work with people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives.
- Highly organized with a great eye for detail.
- Expertise with MS Office.
- Experience with accounting software with Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred.
- Data analysis skills, including intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Professional certification (e.g., CPA) is a plus.
Working Condition/Physical Effort:
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Kam-Way Transportation has a drug free workplace policy. As part of our onboarding process, potential candidates are required to pass background and drug screening to be eligible for employment.
Kam-way Transportation provides equal employment opportunities EEO to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kam-way Transportation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Kam-Way Transportation