- Founded in 1973, this company is a leader in the global life reinsurance industry. They deliver expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting, and product development.
- The firm was recognized by Asia Insurance Review as "Life Reinsurer of the Year" at the 2018 Asia Insurance Industry Awards for the second consecutive year. The honor recognizes innovation, thought leadership, and actions to enhance the stability, security, and image of the Forbes Global 2000: World's Best Employers.
- The firm was also ranked #97 among 500 companies in the Forbes 2018 Global 2000: World's Best Employers listing.
How the Company Appreciates You
- Competitive compensation
- Health and welfare insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement benefits
- Bonus opportunities
The Actuary, USMM Business Initiatives will…
- Provide actuarial expertise and project leadership to generate actionable insights from either external data or RGA's own portfolio, evaluate underwriting programs and assess protective value. Lead implementation or solution for pilot users.
- Communicate key findings to stakeholders by creating meaningful and professional reports or presentations. Present work products through various outlets including internal meetings, client visits, industry meeting, and internal or external publications.
- Lead the evaluation, manipulation, and analysis of large and complex datasets for the purpose of establishing and monitoring RGA's evolving data-driven initiatives.
- This opportunity is based at the corporate office in Saint Louis, Missouri.
- Saint Louis offers a culture of innovation and excellence paired with historic and iconic city/sites.
- With an affordable cost of living, Saint Louis is a great place to live.
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Sciences, Economics, Finance, Math, Statistics or related degree or experience.
- 7+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance and/or reinsurance.
- FSA accreditation
- Highly advanced actuarial technical skills and ability to compile, analyze, refine and interpret large amounts of data. Advanced knowledge of database applications (Access, Oracle, SQL, TOAD, or equivalent).
- Advanced knowledge of life insurance products and pricing, as well as reinsurance concepts and methods
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, multi-task, work under tight deadlines and make timely and effective decisions.