Kalnin Ventures, LLC Denver, CO
- Expired: 18 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BKV is a dynamic values‐driven firm with expertise in upstream unconventional oil and gas investments, and production. We believe our focus on visionary strategy, efficient execution and high-performing teams are key to creating long-term sustainable value and growth.
Job Description and Qualification Profile
BKV Corporation is looking for a Senior Geoscientist to lead local and regional subsurface evaluations of unconventional plays. Successful candidates will be strong team members that will have the ability to collect, analyze and integrate geological, geophysical, petrophysical, geochemical, engineering, drilling and completions data to quantify opportunities in unconventional plays. Project planning and execution will be important in this position as will the ability to work across discipline boundaries. The ideal candidate will be at home with evaluating basin-scale geoscience aspects of M&A deals down to detailed well-scale information. They will also have strong grounding in risk and resource assessments. Good organizational and communication skills are critical.
The Senior Geoscientist role is expected to represent the geoscience team for large M&A opportunities as well as collaborating on BKV’s Barnett Shale and Marcellus Shale assets. This role will have primarily technical responsibilities and some supervisory responsibilities over third party vendors. Typical tasks the role is responsible for include:
- Integration of multiple data types required for subsurface evaluations including: seismic, petrophysical, biostratigraphic, geochemical, pressure, engineering, drilling and completions data.
- Reservoir characterization.
- Subsurface mapping.
- Seismic interpretation and mapping.
- Well log interpretation and petrophysics.
- Well planning.
- Geosteering horizontal wells.
- Drilling and completions support.
- Project planning of subsurface studies.
- Train and mentor geoscience personnel.
- Perform other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in geoscience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of unconventional petroleum geology and/or geophysics experience required. 2-5 years of conventional petroleum geology and/or geophysics experience, in addition, is preferred.
- Expert in subsurface geoscience data integration with drilling, completions and reservoir engineering information required.
- Proven track in assessing unconventional reservoir resources and risks.
- High level of integrity, credibility, and standards.
- Excellent leadership, planning and organizational skills.
- Strong team building, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to excel as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment is a plus.
- This job is based in Denver, Colorado at BKV Corporation. headquarters. Flexible on location for strong candidates.
- Occasional travel may be required and would be on an as needed basis. Currently estimated less than 10% of total time.
- This role will report directly to the VP Geoscience.
- Role has no direct reports.
- Annual $122,000 - $183,000.
Kalnin Ventures, LLC
ScienceView all jobs at Kalnin Ventures, LLC