- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision, 401k,
** Candidates located within the U.S. only. **
Our architectural firm is looking for a hardworking and knowledgeable architect and/or draftsperson with more than 5+ years of experience with a technical background and capabilities to create working drawings for a variety of residential and commercial real estate projects in South Florida. The ideal candidate would have 5+ years of experience with AutoCAD or a related program and knowledge of architectural exterior and interior building systems. Lastly, the successful candidate is expected to be familiar with Florida building code requirements while also creating and evaluating designs to meet the needs of our clients’ requests. On a day-to-day basis, the candidate would be contributing designs to newly acquired projects and an existing repository of residential and commercial blueprints. You will maintain direct lines of communication and management with clients, our company’s president and the Cities throughout South Florida.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Company sponsored health insurance.
- Paid vacation, personal days and holidays.
- Boutique architectural firm with long-term opportunities for growth, ownership and management.
- Employee stock compensation program to correlate with duration of employment at the firm.
- 401k/Pre-Tax Program
About Kaller Architecture
Kaller Architecture is a boutique architectural firm that was founded in 1984 and has led architectural designs in the residential and commercial space throughout South Florida. Collectively, our company has designed and led development for an estimated 3,000+ real estate projects. Our firm is located in Hollywood, Florida and steps away from the City of Hollywood. Our geography of projects range from the Florida Keys upwards to Orlando but we’re predominantly focused in Hollywood, North Miami Beach, Hallandale, West Park, Miami Beach & Fort Lauderdale. As an architect/draftsperson at our firm, you will develop and further your career in designing a variety of exciting and complex projects and be on the front line of some of the largest real estate developers in Florida.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to join a continuously growing and active boutique architectural firm, we’re interested in meeting with you.
Expectations for our Architect/Draftsperson:
· Creating building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications.
· Technical knowledge in the Florida Building Code and local zoning codes.
· Experience with City requirements and submissions including but not limited to South Florida.
· Experience in AutoCAD (THIS IS A MUST).
· Sketchup, Photoshop and/or 3DS Max is a plus.
· Liaising with construction and engineering professionals about the feasibility of potential projects.
· Working around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget.
· Working closely with a team of other professionals such as building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors and architectural technologists.
· Attend meetings with clients, contractors and other specialists.
· Check site visits to review and receive ongoing updates as to the construction progress.
· Applying for planning permission and advice from governmental new build and legal departments.
· Writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications and contracts.
· Specifying the requirements for the project.
· Adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during construction.
· Travelling to building sites, proposed locations and client meetings.
· Professional degree in Architecture, Design or related field at an accredited university.
· 5+ years of experience with a technical background and capabilities to create working drawings for residential and commercial projects.
· 5+ years of experience with AutoCAD or a related program and knowledge of architectural exterior and interior building systems.
· STRONG understanding of the Florida Building Code and related zoning codes.
· Growing knowledge of architectural exterior and interior building systems, knowledge of materials, and an interest in design, construction administration or project management.
· Possess effective oral presentation and written communication skills.
2417 Hollywood BlvdHollywood, FL
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?