Ground School Instructor
- Posted: over a month ago
**Proof of Covid-19 vaccination required**
Job Title: Ground School Instructor (Flight Training Department)
Reports To: Director of Flight Standards
Instructors for Ground School conduct initial and recurrent ground training for Flight Crewmembers, Dispatchers, and Crew Schedulers. This includes but not limited to; Aircraft Systems, Hazardous Materials, General Operations, Crew Resource Management, and Emergency Training. The ideal candidate can utilize several forms of instructional media to develop coursework and training programs. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborates with the Manager of Training (Lead Instructor) to ensure the quality of ground instruction.
• Develops and implements instructor-led presentations for all flight training programs.
• Create, edit, and revise course curriculum when needed
• Updates aircraft and operational manuals.
• Manages standard training courses and conducts periodic checks of material
• Monitors the performance of student progress, and modifies teaching approach as appropriate to ensure student success.
• Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of students to assist in making coursework relevant to each student.
• Ensures the maintenance of accurate records regarding the training of students.
• Assists the Lead Instructor as needed including frequent after hours, weekend, and on-
call operations; other flight duties as assigned.
• Travel to other training facilities to assist or lead training courses when necessary.
• Other duties as assigned
Ground school instructors are required to live in the surrounding area of Ypsilanti, Michigan, and are expected to work a normal Monday thru Friday schedule. It may be necessary to work some nights and weekends depending on the needs of the company.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Some college preferred
• Previous line experience as a flight crew member preferred
• Previous training experience preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite required
• Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skill
• Working knowledge and experience on large aircraft systems and airline flight
• Ability to be self-motivated, work with minimal supervision, and complete tasks on
• Ability to work as a team member within the training department to complete
Ability to read, write, and understand spoken and written English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to give verbal and written direction to fellow employees as well as vendors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employs is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is required to use a computer terminal, calculator and telephone. The employee is required to stand, walk, and climb/descend stairs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily in an office setting with a constant level of background noise.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call (734) 544-7010. Please include your contact information and details about posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.
**Must be authorized in the United States**
Kalitta Air LLC
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at Kalitta Air LLC