Station Manager (HNL)
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Station Manager
Reports To: Outstation Line Maintenance Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for Line Station procedures. Must identify any changes that will enhance departmental process quality, and submit Maintenance Program Revision Request for applicable policy and procedure changes.
- Responsible for the oversight of personnel in regards to administrative requirements, training, work performance, and compliance of company policies and procedures obtained in the GMM.
- Develop and maintain sound personnel and labor relations and employee safety awareness.
- Ensure that the department’s functions are planned and carried out effectively and economically.
- Coordinate with required management personnel to ensure completion of maintenance, preventive maintenance, and repair of company aircraft.
- Schedule manpower of proper skill level for maintenance functions through coordination with Planning Department and Maintenance Control.
- Responsible for the discipline and efficient utilization of station supervisors, leads and mechanics under his supervision.
- Ensure that tools and assigned equipment are cared for per Company policy and are readily available when needed.
- Coordinate and communicate with other Kalitta Air Departments and Outstation Line Maintenance Manager.
- Analyze mechanical difficulty reports and identify any changes to enhance station efficiency.
- The Station Manager is fully authorized to carry out all assigned responsibilities. This includes hiring employees, disciplinary action for employees and recommending termination of those under his supervision.
- Analyze expenses and operational requirements to manage the budget accordingly.
- Coordinates with required departments to ensure effective completion of maintenance, preventative maintenance, alteration, and repair of company aircraft and ground support equipment.
- Ensure personnel are using current working copies of manuals respective to the job at hand.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Outstation Line Maintenance Manager.
NOTE: The Station Manager may delegate any assigned duties to any qualified assistant; however, such delegation does not relieve him of overall responsibility.
Have at least 1 year of experience maintaining the same category and class of airplanes operated by Kalitta Air
Must be appropriately certificated under 14 CFR Part 65
FAA Airframe & Power Plant Certificate
Individual must be organized and able to work with computers and programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
Must have US Passport
Must be a US Citizen
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school graduate; some college and/or technical school desirable.
Ability to read, write and understand spoken and written English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to give verbal and written direction to assigned staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stand; walk; talk or hear; and use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds, to eye level.
- Lift 10 pounds with each arm over your head
- Twist, turn with normal strength forces
- Climb numerous flights of stairs
- Work on ladders, lifts and in some case high elevations
- Work in a squatted position
- Work in all weather conditions
The work environment characteristics describe here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed primarily in a construction, maintenance setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Kalitta Air, LLC
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Kalitta Air, LLC